It’s hot in St. Louis. It hasn’t rained in weeks. I just got home from playing at a wedding, & I’m just chilling out, being grateful for air conditioning. I’d like to take a nap, but there are things to do.
So I’m sampling this Sheng. Again, the word “Restorative”, comes to mind. I’m on the 6th or 7th steep, & all I want to do is sit her & breath. Breath & sip. This is another Sheng that is fairly young, but not harsh in any way or form. It’s like the waters of a sweet spring, with a mild sourdough bread to it, a light fruitiness (peach?), a clean mineral taste, a delicate vegetal taste, and a creamy thick sensation.
So soothing, so ‘clean’, like fresh linens.
I changed up my steeping parameters for this one, just kind of following my intuition. I went with 3 Grams of tea in the Gaiwan. The first round of 4 steeps (1st one alone, next 3 combined in a pitcher) was 4/6/8/10. 2nd round 15/20/25/30. 3rd round 35/40/45/50
Now I’m in the later steepings. My tongue is tingling, & I feel like I’m drinking a very creamy mushroom broth. How can something be clean & creamy at the same time, you ask? Only in the world of tea, my friends.
A very nice Sheng!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO