I suffered a near tragedy this morning. I was prepping my little blue lotus teapot for gongfu steepings of this awesome tea. My little teapot came with a pretty yellow leash the helps keep the lid in place when you are pouring the tea. I learned right away that it is best to detach the lid from it’s end of the leash when not in use. Also, the leash can be used with my Yixings as well (a nice bonus!). Here’s what I’m talking about:
That site actually gives instructions for making one! yeah!

SO…the double strand that runs up the center of the knots accidentally got pulled most of the way out! Aughghghghghgh!!!
At first I though all was lost. I tried using tweezers to fix it, & that didn’t work. Then I remembered my crochet hooks. I used to crochet a looong time ago, & still have my hooks, just in case I ever have time to take that art up again. Of course,the smallest hook was missing. The next to smallest was small enough. I won’t bore you with the details, but it took awhile, with a few mistakes, but as they say in the i ching, “Perseverence Furthers”. (No, I don’t not throw the
i ching, but my ex hubby did & even went as far as to grow his own Yarrow so that he could do it authentically with yarrow wands).

So now my little lid leash is healed. This tea is the awesome reward.

Stephanie

What a cute lid leash!

ashmanra

Love it! I want to make one!

Terri HarpLady

The only problem with the one in those instructions is I don’t think the leash is removable. But still, pretty cool, huh? And adorable too!

Bonnie

And Pioneer Tea Woman Saves The Day! Watch out Terri, Dancing With The Stars might call you for the next season as they did Bill Neigh the Science Guy!

Terri HarpLady

LOL, I seriously doubt it, Bonnie!
Not to say that I can’t dance, as I studied Ballet & Tap when I was young, and I’m a former Belly Dancer, among other things. As long as nobody touches me, I can move to the music, & I love dancing. As soon as someone tries to dance with me, I can’t keep the beat, develop 2 right feet, loose all sense of space, & along with any sense of grace. It’s terrible. Oh…& as Tony has discovered more than once, & descend into hysterical laughter too. Of course, he loves it, & anytime we go out for music, he’ll pull me onto the dance floor at least once for a slow dance, which is ok until he starts trying to do fancy stuff.
Let the laughter begin.

I totally picked this tea for the morning too terri!

Bonnie

Once I was at a Middle Eastern Festival in Lost Altos, CA at the Orthodox Church of the Redeemer. Some lady refugee friends of mine from Iraq pulled me to the stage to dance in front of everyone. Next thing I know, some men with swords were dancing with me and little girls belly dancing around. Yikes…I felt stupid and clunky! Sadly, someone torched the church not long after that, right before Easter. The whole surrounding community…Christian, Jewish, Moslem, Buddist, non-religious… rallied to support the people after such a horrible act and the Church was rebuilt.

Terri HarpLady

Sounds like fun! I’m all for cultural exchanges & celebrations of all kinds! What a bummer that someone torched the place, but I’m really glad to hear that the community pulled together!

ashmanra

Thank you, Terri! That was fun! I just made a large one out of black hemp twine, and now I will try a small one for my Yixing with mercerized cotton and blending filament!

Terri HarpLady

Nice Job! And pretty teapot too!

Comments

Stephanie

What a cute lid leash!

ashmanra

Love it! I want to make one!

Terri HarpLady

LOL, I seriously doubt it, Bonnie!
Let the laughter begin.

I totally picked this tea for the morning too terri!

Terri HarpLady

Nice Job! And pretty teapot too!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO