This afternoon I spent a couple hours in the recording studio with a couple of local Rappers, adding Harp tracks to a song called Angels.
I was nicely paid, I think the final product is gonna sound really cool, & they were really nice guys! I made them promise me that if/when they make a music video, I get to be in it, playing my harp dressed up like an angel. Turns out the owner of the studio was the engineer for my very first recording, which added a little nostalgia to the afternoon.

I came home & started enjoying cup after cup of this Sheng, which was the last of the TOMC Reserve teas this month.
What does it say about us Sheng lovers that we like teas that smell a little bit like a horse’s breath? LOL, sorry, I just had to say that!

The aroma of the dry leaf is heady, like incense or sweetgrass, a very rich & somewhat smokey vibe. This steeps into beautiful cup after cup of caramel colored tastiness. Initially it is a very pure lightly floral taste, but it gradually develops into an almost creamy sensation with a nuttiness that has me thinking Hazelnut Butter. It’s also very smooth & sweet, sweet like a spring rain. Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking. I still have more steepings to go, but I’ve probably reached my threshold for the night. I may take it back up tomorrow, doing a rinse first to reheat the leaves, & then see where it takes me.
Then again….maybe one more round…

Amariel

Oh wooow. Hazelnut butter….yum!

Comments

Amariel

Oh wooow. Hazelnut butter….yum!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO