It’s been a year since I joined the Steepster TOMC, so today I though it would be fun to sample the 3 teas from last October’s box. They are:
This Sheng
Zhu Rong Yunnan – I drank up all of last years, but luckily I have the newer rendition.
Xingyang Chrysanthemum blend – I no longer have this one either, but I still have some of the xingyang ‘07 Shu, so I added some chrysanthemum flowers to my cup. That blend also included coriander (which I could have added, but was being lazy), as well as burdock & juniper, which I don’t have at this time.

I followed the brewing suggestions & steeped all 3 teas, in side by side setups, so that I could get the full experience of the suggested pairing.

This is a gentle Sheng, with a sticky rice flavor to it. Around the 3rd steeping a strong numbing camphor sensation hit the tip of my tongue, by steep number 5 the rice taste had subsided, leaving a slightly metallic taste, along with the flavor of fresh straw & a pinch of salt. At this point the Chaqi was outrageous!
This is a pleasant gentle Sheng, & luckily I have enough to drink it a few more times.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO