Sil & I have been sampling teas from Taiwan Tea Crafts, & so far they have all been tasty & interesting, rather different from some of the other teas I usually drink. This one is no exception!
The dry leaf is small nuggets, similar in color & size to dry elderberries. The dry aroma is a yummy fruity jam, thick & sweet. I preheated the gaiwan, & then let the tea sit in there for a minute & the aroma was of a fruity pipe tobacco. After a quick rinse, it smelled like roasty fruit wood.
I started with 5 G + 4oz Gaiwan X 15sec, adding 15 sec to each steep.
The first 3 steeps were almond/hazelnut butter, sweet & creamy with a caramelized fruit jam, increasing in butteriness with each steep.
4 – 6 A heavenly elixer! Hazelnut crusted fruit torte, I can’t quite pinpoint the fruit, with a brown sugar crust.
I smelled the leaf at this point, & the aroma was of roasted honeyed apricots!
7-9 I feel like I could keep steeping these leaves forever. The brew is still dark, the taste is still sweet & nutty, with a creamy nut butter sensation after the sip is swallowed.

This is a delightful tea! Everything I had hoped it would be. If it was earlier in the day, I’d keep steeping, but since it’s not, I put the rest of the leaf in a jar of water in the frig, where it will hopefully become a tasty refreshment for tomorrow!