I’m just finally getting rolling. I stayed up til 3 am (AGAIN?), reading through the Harp part for Benjamin Britten’s Ceremony of Carols. Of course, that was after the Cardinals won the 2nd game of the World Series (for the uninformed, Boston won game 1), then Tony & I had to stay up to watch Jimmy Fallon, cuz we love Edward Norton. Then I came home & played my harp. I told myself I was just gonna take a peek at the music, & even though some part of me knew that was BS, once I opened it, it was on the music stand, & I was playing it.

I don’t know how I’ve played the Harp for 35 years & never played Ceremony of Carols (shaking head in disbelief), but I’ll be playing it this year, possibly for 2 different groups!

So I’m celebrating with this tea!! This is definitely at the top of the list of my most favorite black teas, most favorite Verdant teas, most favorite teas period, jostling for position with a few others. Like a scalper who buys concert &/Or Baseball tickets & then sells them at a ridiculous price, I really stocked up on this one (although I’m not planning on selling any of it, LOL). There are many many other black teas that I enjoy drinking, and a fairly long list of black teas that I absolutely Love, but something about this one stands out, for me, & it’s wonderful!

ifjuly

I totally agree. I didn’t think I could love a tea from Verdant more than Laoshan Black, but then they amazed and surprised me all over again.

Comments

ifjuly

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO