When I was in college there was a co-ed group of kids who rented a house together & called it the GDI (God Damn Independents) House, a non-frat that would accept anyone, male or female. Their only real activity that I know of was partying, & although I was quite the partier, I was even too independent to join them. I’ve never been much of a joiner, although I did eventually join NA, LOL, & Steepster, of course.

I tell this story because in my mind, Master Han is the GDI of tea growers. He’s also the great Han Solo of tea growers. I’ll buy anything he comes up with, & I do. This is the tea of the morning, brewed in my 4oz blue lotus porcelain tea pot, with a quick rinse & multiple steepings in rounds of 3 (one in a cup, 2 in a cheap white porcelain cream pitcher I got at Target). My formula:
7G tea + 4oz teapot (rinse) X 15sec (+ 15 sec per each additional steep)
I’m not sure how many rounds I’ve done so far. This tea starts off bright like a ceylon, kind of grapey, & settles into a sourdough bread mode. It is very different from the profile I tend to prefer, but is very savory & satisfying, a rebel among black teas, daring to be different & unique. It also packs a pretty awesome tea-buzz!

I’m gonna finish sipping a few more cups, then it’s off to the shower & then to UMSL (University of Missouri St Louis), for my student’s Jury. She will play the Hindemith Harp Sonata, 1st movement. Here’s a link, if anyone would like to hear it! By the way, that is NOT my student, LOL, & we’re only playing the first movement this semester. Next semestor we’ll finish the 2nd movement (which is brilliant!), AND her senior recital as well!

NofarS

There is something about this tea that reminds me of olives and olive oil. Not a bad thing. I do agree that it is unique among Yunnan’s – haven’t had anything like it before or since

CharlotteZero

Your description makes me want to try this tea again. I didn’t care for it much the last time I tasted it, but maybe it was just my expectations getting in the way, because it certainly wasn’t what I was expecting…

Rellybob

I loved the link! It was beautiful. Whenever I watch a harpist I am in awe you all are not crippled from carpal tunnel!

Comments

NofarS

CharlotteZero

Rellybob

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO