So happy to have this back in my cupboard, along with a new tin of Tiger Assam, & more Caravan.
So, I drank this hours ago, before I left the house to play 3 church services. The first 2 services were at one of those congregations that are televised. There were 3 tv cameras, 2 guys running sound (one for the recording, one for the audience to hear), 2 guys running lights, etc. On stage there was a band with 2 guitars, bass & drums, one of the pastors played keyboard & sang, the other one talked, there was an awesome choir, amazing soloists, etc. The highlight was “Do you hear what I hear”, which included 3 guys playing african drums, the entire band & choir, various soloists, & even a rapper! Something for everybody, right?. I played before & after the service, did my jazzy new agey rendition of ‘O Come o come Emmanuel’ as a solo, accompanied a guy who sang ‘the first noel’, & played some pieces at the end.

Then I drove across town to a scottish Episcopal church, where I played for a meditative celtic service. They wanted soft medieval & scottish tunes, a few carols. All done very quietly. No glitz, no glammer.

I’m not a church goer, myself. Nothing against it. It’s just not part of my spiritual practice. But I’m always available for hire.
Now I’m home. I feel that I didn’t get to drink enough tea today. But I did enjoy this one earlier, rich & delicious with just enough smokiness. It was just what I needed, before heading out into the cold (24F or so).

Harpy HoliDaze, everyone!

JustJames

happy happy, merry merry terri. xo

To you as well, JJ ;)

K S

So what did you finally decide qualified as a scottish tune?

TeaBrat

wow, you’re busy today!

Terri HarpLady

LOL, K, I played “Roslin Castle”, which is a slow air, & did an improv on "mermaid song’ during communion, lol, without including the actual melody of it, just the chord progression, done in a meditative kind of way.
TeaBrat: That was all yesterday! No gigs today.

Comments

JustJames

happy happy, merry merry terri. xo

To you as well, JJ ;)

K S

So what did you finally decide qualified as a scottish tune?

TeaBrat

wow, you’re busy today!

Terri HarpLady

TeaBrat: That was all yesterday! No gigs today.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO