Happy New Year Everybody!! May all people everywhere be happy, healthy, prosperous & generous, joy-filled, open-hearted, inspired & inspiring, kind & peaceful, loving & loved, & flowing with Creativity! Here’s to an awesome year for Everyone. May we all learn to cherish one another, healing our wounds & sorrows, & reveling in our joys, uniqueness, & Creativity! Namaste!

This is first pot of tea of the New Year! I chose it in part because it’s tasty, bold, rich, & malty. I also chose it for ease of preparation. I wanted a full pot of tea to enjoy with a light brekkie. I’m eating the last sweet potato of this summer’s garden, some locally raised bacon (nitrate free), & a cup of homemade chicken stock. The tea is perfect with them.

In my home we celebrate 2 HoliDaze: Thanksgiving & New Year’s Day! Today is our day to exchange a few gifts, although we try to keep it pretty simple. I’ll make a huge brunch, my kids & grandkids & a few close friends will come over, we’ll consume massive quantities, & we’ll take the annual series of photos by the stairs (to be posted on FB later). The grandkids (12, 8 & 7) will probably spend most of their time on the 2nd floor playing video games with their uncles. The ‘grownups’ usually play some kind of game: Poker, Monopoly, Yahtzee, Spades. I heard a rumor that my oldest (Jess) is bringing a new game, not sure of it’s name.

Anyway, we spend part of New Year’s Eve cleaning & letting go of junk, to make room for the new. That’s about as traditional as we get around here! Time for me to leap into action. There’s lots of food to be made!

gmathis

Have a lovely day with your fam and may you roll a Yahtzee on the first try. (Good think I’m not a gambler—I have this thing for the sound of dice clattering in a cup :)

need to get you some other types of games to play…when i come visit i’ll bring at least one grin

Butiki Teas

Happy New Year, lady! Sounds like a lovely day you have planned. Love the idea of cleaning up and letting go of junk.

NofarS

Happy new year!

Rosehips

Thats sounds like a great tradtion! Happy new year!

Comments

gmathis

Butiki Teas

NofarS

Happy new year!

Rosehips

Thats sounds like a great tradtion! Happy new year!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO