Man, I wish I’d gotten more of this!
This is the most amazing & awesome Aged Tieguanyin I think I’ve ever tasted, seriously, I mean that!
The dry leaf has an appealing mahogany & chocolate color, with an aroma of dried dark fruits: prunes perhaps? Now I’m thinking dried cherries!
I preheated my Gaiwan & warmed the leaf, & it’s a thick fruity cakey aroma, drizzled with caramel syrup
All that, & I haven’t even added water yet!

Every word used on the Verdant website to describe this tea is dead on accurate. Layers of aromas & flavors present themselves & linger.
I’m on my 10th steep, & this is a rich apple dessert, tart apples that have been stewed on low for awhile, so that they are a thick caramelized pie filling, topped with blanched almonds, & warm caramel sauce, with a hint of rosewater…sigh…and these flavors linger, filling my mouth with echoes of mouth watering yum!

I wish I’d gotten ALOT more of this one!

caile

Sounds so good – wow!

TheTeaFairy

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Love, love this type of oolong…does it show???

Terri HarpLady

AND they just added it back onto their site… Nothing can hold me back now!
It’s all Tea Explorer’s fault!

Comments

caile

Sounds so good – wow!

TheTeaFairy

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Love, love this type of oolong…does it show???

Terri HarpLady

AND they just added it back onto their site… Nothing can hold me back now!
It’s all Tea Explorer’s fault!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO