Since I polished off the teas from last January’s TOMC, I figured I might as well back track to November of 2012, right? There were 3 selections in that box, with the first one being this 2012 autumn laoshan green. It may be over a year old, but it is still every bit as delicious as it was when it first arrived. Initially it has that classic Laoshan green brean kind of taste, but in the later steepings it takes on a buttery winter squash taste, & a sweet & creamy oatmeal quality as well. It’s like a savory bowl of oatmeal with soymilk or maybe almond milk drizzled over the top.
I don’t know why I don’t drink these green teas more often. The ones from Laoshan village are so amazing!

Additional comments: The November 2012 box also included a package of Minnesota Northern Lakes Wild Rice, and adding a pinch to this tea makes the most wonderful Genmaicha. Just sayin’

ifjuly

Love this one too! Yummmmm.

Comments

ifjuly

Love this one too! Yummmmm.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO