I had a fun rehearsal with my flute playing friend. I have a couple of flute players that I do gigs with from time to time. One is only good for classical music, but she is very very good at it. In fact, we have a wedding coming up next month together. Another is more flexible, being able to play pop tunes, etc. There have been several other flautists over the years, including a gal I went to college with, & also including my ex-husband, who was an accomplished musician on a variety of instruments.

So my new flute player? We’re the same age (55), we know all the same people around town, have played with a lot of the same musicians (including junky Wayne, the percussionist), & yet we never met. We had heard of each other, but just never turned up in the same place. That changed about a month ago, & now we’re meeting up every 2 weeks to work on some stuff. She can play classical, rock, & Jazz…I mean she can really wail! She also play cello & guitar. I don’t know if we’ll get a lot of gigs, but I’m sure we’ll be playing around town at least, once we get a couple of jazz sets together. Most importantly, I want to have fun. :)

So I made a big pot of this tea, & it was perfect for the afternoon.

__Morgana__

I am not sure I’ve heard jazz harp before, but it sounds awesome!

Terri HarpLady

Playing Jazz on the harp is especially challenging, so there aren’t really all that many of us playing it, but it’s fun! Of course, I also play everything from classical to classic rock. I love my job! :)

__Morgana__

Do you have jazz pieces on any of your CDs? I just visited your web site (you play beautifully).

Comments

__Morgana__

I am not sure I’ve heard jazz harp before, but it sounds awesome!

Terri HarpLady

__Morgana__

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO