This morning I had to leave the house by 7:30 to go set up for a funeral. To be more specific, an Irish Catholic funeral. I know the sister of the guy who passed away, she owns a winery that I was suppose to play at this past sunday night for an annual St. Pat’s dinner & concert that I do every year. She cancelled the event because her niece was getting married in St. Louis on saturday. Sadly, her brother, who was well known & loved in the Irish community in St. Louis, passed away at the wedding reception, a very tragic & sad tale.

I used to play in a traditional Irish band, so I provided an hour of music for the visitation, & sang the Parting Glass right before the Mass started, as they were closing the casket. He had set aside funds for a full on celebration, with a Wake, etc.

In honor of this event, I made a cup of this Irish Breakfast before I left the house this morning, but I barely got to drink any of it, as it stayed hot for too long. After I was done playing, I slipped out to the car & polished it off, even though it was cold by then. Still delicious.

keychange

Wow—he died at the reception. That’s so unfortunate on so many levels. And the parting glass is a lovely and fitting song.

Veronica

So sad. I think it is sweet that you picked a tea to honor the moment.

__Morgana__

Very sad. :-(

Comments

keychange

Veronica

So sad. I think it is sweet that you picked a tea to honor the moment.

__Morgana__

Very sad. :-(

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO