I’m never quite sure where to put the review for this tea, as it isn’t really the ‘summer’ blend, I don’t think, but the photo matches the current formula, so here it is. I really enjoyed the original formulation of this tea, but I think I enjoy the current formulation even more!
I love that this blend does not feature Darjeeling or Ceylon, favoring the Chinese teas that I love instead. My two favored Chinese blacks are in here giving a substantial chocolatey base, strengthened by the Jedi Master of Tea, master Han’s Shu. Add the sweet incense of Big Red Robe, & top it off with some thick & bright Bai Mu Dan. Yeah, baby!

This blend has seen various combinations since I first tried it, thanks to a sample Bonnie sent me when I first joined steepster. I hope Verdant will continue to let it evolve with whatever is in their cupboards, because I’m sure every version will be tasty. Call it Imperial Breakfast. Call it Imperial Breakfast Summer Blend. Call it whatever you like, I’ll call it delicious.

Ysaurella

so I’ll call it YUMMMMM :)

Stephanie

Wow sounds interesting :)

Comments

Ysaurella

so I’ll call it YUMMMMM :)

Stephanie

Wow sounds interesting :)

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO