I’d like to thank Angel & Teavivre for this sample, which I got with my order awhile back.
My instincts were screaming, “Yixing!”, but for some reason I decided to follow the actual brewing instructions written on the sample package, which I usually tend to ignore. The suggested brewing parameters: 10G (the entire packet) + 8oz water X 1 – 2 minutes.
This is way more sheng than I ever use! But what the heck, I have 2 of these, so I can gongfu the other one.

I went with one minute, & although it was pretty intense, it was very drinkable! To be honest, this is the first time I’ve ever done a sheng this way, & I’ll definitely drink the other sample with short steeps in my yixing, it was interesting to try, & frankly, I was curious to see how it would be. It was potent! I went through several resteeps, adding a minute to each, & even though that was hours ago, I’m still as high as a kite, if you know what I mean!

TheTeaFairy

Good to know, sounds great :-)

TheTeaFairy

And yes…I know what you mean, lol.

Terri HarpLady

LOL…I’m going to try to go to bed now :)

Spencer

I definitely went for the yixing brew…but I think I need to try this!

Stephanie

Yum, sheng. I love steeping them real intensely like this :D

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Good to know, sounds great :-)

TheTeaFairy

And yes…I know what you mean, lol.

Terri HarpLady

LOL…I’m going to try to go to bed now :)

Spencer

I definitely went for the yixing brew…but I think I need to try this!

Stephanie

Yum, sheng. I love steeping them real intensely like this :D

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO