I am accomplishing nothing today, it seems. It’s a gorgeous day, I only have 1 student at 4:30, & I could be doing great things in my garden. However, yesterday my allergies were so horrendous that even though I finally broke down & took a Zyrtek, which I reserve for emergencies, I just can’t bring myself to go outside. So I’m sitting here in my PJs, drinking tea. I did prune my lime, meyer lemon, & kumquat dwarf trees, all in the sunroom. I watered a few plants.

I’ve also been sipping a pot of Nettles, a natural anti-histimine herb, which usually calms things down, but was no help yesterday. I added some Lapacho powder to it today, on the suggestion of the Herbalist I get my herbs from, to help balance out my immune system, so hopefully (over time) it will quit over-reacting to everything in the air.

TeaBrat

My allergies have also been going nuts today. I guess it’s time for me to back off from the gluten again.. :-/

Terri HarpLady

I’ve been totally gluten free for 2 years now, & although I’ve seen major improvements in all areas of my health (& I do mean MAJOR), my allergies haven’t changed. Of course, they run in the family, & I’ve had them my entire life, but still, I keep hoping!

K S

I left the house this morning (under protest – not really) with my head feeling like it was full of pudding. Bright side is we had Americanized Chinese food for lunch. The Hunan Beef was so delicious and it moved the pudding out of my head. Finally feeling like drinking tea. Oh, another story – while eating my wife said, “I wonder what kind of tea they serve here.” I told her I had asked before. The young girl looked at me confused and said, “Sweet and unsweet.” Yep, I eat in high class establishments.

Comments

TeaBrat

Terri HarpLady

K S

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO