Another sipdown, this one from the BBBBox, courtesy of my steep-sister Sil.
I don’t have anything to say about it, so instead I’ll tell you that my Lily of the Valley’s are blooming! Yay!

I wish I could grow Lillies of the Valley. It’s too hot here :(

Terri HarpLady

Maybe you can grow them inside?

MzPriss

That’s a thought if I can keep my dogs out of them. I love them so much – they’re so pretty and my very first perfume I ever got to wear (a gift from my grandmother) was Muget and it was Lily of the Valley. That is a very happy memory. Thanks :)

Stephanie

I love the scent, too.

Terri HarpLady

When I was a kid my mom made barbie clothes & sold them to all of the neighborhood moms to use for gifts for their daughters’ barbies. So, these were no ordinary doll clothes, they were really ritzy. I never actually played with my barbie, I wasn’t into dolls, but she was decked out! She had a mink stole (knitted angora), all kinds of fancy formals, & plastic life size lilies of the valleys. I loved those flowers, but I didn’t actually know there were actual flowers that looked like that until much later, & they smell awesome!

MzPriss

This morning after a long walk through Central Park I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. There were three exhibits I particularly wanted to see: The Fabrege one, Martin Guitars one and the Lost Kingdoms, which has very very old Buddha sculptures, among other things. When I got the Fabrege exhibit – there were SEVERAL different Lily of the Valley items – a really beautiful one made of jade and moonstones I believe – which I took a photo of. When I got the Martin guitars, there were several harps there as well. One of them was a very cool Welsh triple harp. I love the Met it’s filled with wonders and today I thought of Terri HarpLady while I was there.

Sorry about my typos :(

Terri HarpLady

Yay! Thanks for thinking of me! You know, I’ve never been to the Met, or New York, for that matter. I hope you’ll post any pics you took on FB, or elsewhere, I’d love to see them. :)

MzPriss

I’m not on FB – but I will get them up on my blog when I get home on Wednesday. I have a lot to put up as I am doing a lot of tea drinking/shopping and eating and the blog is the only where I think I have where other people can see them. But I really truly did think of you because there were several harps. The triple Welsh one was the coolest though. One of them was really beat up (or as we call it at my house – well loved).

Terri HarpLady

I love harps! I used to have a welsh triple, it was an interesting instrument, but not particularly practical to play, so I sold it, LOL.

Comments

MzPriss

I wish I could grow Lillies of the Valley. It’s too hot here :(

Terri HarpLady

Maybe you can grow them inside?

Stephanie

I love the scent, too.

Sorry about my typos :(

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO