The mother of one of my harp students is from Tiawan, & a few months ago she went for a visit to see family & friends. She wanted to get some teas to share with me, & I told her I really liked sunmoon lake assam.

While in Taiwan, she visited this awesome place, & got some teas from there:

This tea farm has been there since 1899, & you can go there for tours, purchase tea, etc. They do also have a website for tea sales, but the only words I could read there were ‘non-GMO’. Anyway, it’s looks like an awesome place to visit!
So the first tea I’m sampling is a Deluxe Assam Black Tea, Natural Farming No. 8.
I prepared the tea like I have steeped some of the other sun moon lake assams I’ve had, using roughly 1 Tb to my standard tea mug for 3 minutes. It’s a light, fruity, & refreshing tea, definitely more of an afternoon cup. In some ways it has more of an oolong quality to it, subtle layers of flavor, the most prominent being dried peach, or peach fruit leather maybe, with a growing tanginess in my mouth. The flavor is very light, in spite of the fact that the color of the brew is fairly dark, & there is a faint essence of leaf hopper.

TheTeaFairy