We started painting my front porch yesterday. I had visions of completion today, LOL, but of course, that ain’t gonna happen. I’m one of those people (thanks to little terri) who is endlessly optomistic (unless I’m depressed, but luckily that doesn’t really happen often anymore). So no matter how long previous experience has demonstrated that it will take days to complete a project, I always think it will be done in hours. I have the same ‘time’ problem with pretty much everything. Even though I know how long it takes to get from my house to some other location, I always think I can get there in 15 minutes. I have to set multiple alarms on my calendar to remind me of things like ‘driving time’. Chalk it up to being a right brainer, I guess.

Over the last couple of weeks we’ve been patching & sanding, & if you’d like to see the ‘before’ pics, they are on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/terri.langerak
Yesterday the boys (who are actually men now) & I started with the white paint. We put the first coat on the ceiling, railings, & anything else that’s going to be ‘ultra white’. Today we’ve been adding a 2nd coat to the white paint, & laying down primer for the places that won’t be white. I’m not really done with the primer, but it keeps acting like it’s going to rain, so we’re taking the afternoon off.

Tea…yes…I drank lots of tea yesterday & today. The purpose of THIS post (before I got sidetracked) was to mention a cold steep from yesterday. My student who’s mom is from Taiwan sent over a Wulong Jasmin cold brewing tea bag from an unknown company. I left it in the frig in a qt jar over night & it made a very refreshing tea to drink while painting yesterday!

Butiki Teas

I feel ya on the time problems. I’m the same way. I make lofty lists of all these things I’m going to do and like 10% gets done in a day.

Stephanie

Very cute porch! Will be awesome when it is done.

Terri HarpLady

I still have a fantasy of opening a bed & breakfast after all my kids move out. :)

Stephanie

Your bed and breakfast would be THE tea drinking destination in the Midwest ;)

Nicole

My husband is my impediment to a retirement B&B. :) He loves talking to strangers. Just not in his house. :)

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, if I ever do open a B & B, it will definitely be all about tea & home made food!
Nicole: Tony feels pretty much the same way, so if we ever move in together, I won’t be opening a B&B…

Comments

Butiki Teas

Stephanie

Very cute porch! Will be awesome when it is done.

Stephanie

Your bed and breakfast would be THE tea drinking destination in the Midwest ;)

Nicole

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO