I received this one from the lovely The Purrfect Cup…and of course it had to be a Sherlock inspired blend. Wouldn’t except anything less from her. (If you haven’t, you should seriously check out her tea talk with the venerable Mr. Holmes on her blog. Awesome.)

Anywho…

This was already on the plus side for containing bits of Lapsang in the blend. Whiffing the dry batch was like smelling a good tobacco. Keemun contributed a necessary woodiness, too. On taste, oddly enough, the Lapsang hung back, allowing the Keemun to take point with a sweet and malty punch. The pinesmoked mouthfeel was kept pretty reserved. As blends go, sometime aspects of it were uneven, but still pleasant to sip. A very good afternoon tea.

Even though I had it in the late morning.

The Purrfect Cup

Awww thank you for the kind words about that post. I’m working on another one along those lines soon. Glad you enjoyed it.

Geoffrey Norman

Good! I was hoping to see more of those.

The Purrfect Cup

Yup in the works. As you know those kinds of posts are not the easiest to just crank out.

Geoffrey Norman

Don’t I know it, dear. Don’t I know it. By the way, I made mention of your fictional works in my new blog that just went up…now.

The Purrfect Cup

I did see that. I was hoping to turn up as a cat in one of them with a penchant for puerh!

Sorry ’bout that. :-/

Comments

The Purrfect Cup

Geoffrey Norman

Good! I was hoping to see more of those.

Sorry ’bout that. :-/

I moonlight as a procrastinating writer and daylight as a trader of jack. I appreciate good tea, good beer, and food that is bad for me. Someday I’ll write the great American novel. And it’ll probably have something to do with tea or beer…or both. In the meantime, I subsist.

Tea Blog: http://www.steepstories.com