I’m not usually one for young, cooked pu-erhs. A lot of the time, they have this fishy, composted taste that I just don’t find appealing. Aged about five years or more, they take on more earthy characteristics. This was…something completely different. A cooked pu-erh without a fishy taste. It was woodsy, minty, and strangely herbaceous – reminding me of echinacea and cinnamon bark for some reason. A smoky underpinning also kept me sipping.

A peculiar and taste-worthy pu-erh.

ifjuly

ooh, the only newish shu i love (agree with you so far about the fishy thing) has mint and woodsy stuff going on too, yum. bookmarking!

Geoffrey Norman

So worth it.

Please keep things friendly and .

Comments

ifjuly

Geoffrey Norman

So worth it.

Please keep things friendly and .

I moonlight as a procrastinating writer and daylight as a trader of jack. I appreciate good tea, good beer, and food that is bad for me. Someday I’ll write the great American novel. And it’ll probably have something to do with tea or beer…or both. In the meantime, I subsist.

Tea Blog: http://www.steepstories.com