New company to me, and a new type of shou pu-erh. By the title, I assumed it was made with rice, but the product had no listing on the website as of yet. That is, unless it went by a different name, and I simply didn’t see it. (I wrote the vendor to clarify.)

That said, it was perhaps the best shou pu-erh I’ve tried to date. After four infusions, I detected nutty, woody, earthy, citrus, and rice-like notes. Very nuanced for a robust drink. It also darkens pretty quickly for the steeper on the go. For a guy that usually goes for sheng first, this was a game-changer.

Full Review: http://www.teaviews.com/2011/01/08/review-tao-tea-leaf-rice-pu-er-tuo-cha-shou/

CMT 雲 山 茶

Why would they pick a name that’s almost identical to Portlands Tao of Tea?

They’re Canadian.

That’s all I’ve got.

Tim

The name of the owner of Tao Tea Leaf is Tao Wu. His company’s name is based off of his own name and tea. Portland’s Tao of Tea was not in mind.

Geoffrey Norman

I know. I’ve e-mailed Tao before. Very nice fellow with some excellent wares.

Comments

CMT 雲 山 茶

Why would they pick a name that’s almost identical to Portlands Tao of Tea?

They’re Canadian.

That’s all I’ve got.

Tim

Geoffrey Norman

I know. I’ve e-mailed Tao before. Very nice fellow with some excellent wares.

I moonlight as a procrastinating writer and daylight as a trader of jack. I appreciate good tea, good beer, and food that is bad for me. Someday I’ll write the great American novel. And it’ll probably have something to do with tea or beer…or both. In the meantime, I subsist.

Tea Blog: http://www.steepstories.com