I completely forgot I had this when I was digging through – all blurry-eyed – for a good black tea this morning. This was sent to me by Jaime in a tea swap a couple of months back. I hadn’t even touched it. Not for lack of want, just lots of reviews to get outta the way. Anyway, I’m glad I did. On first (aromatic) impression, it seemed like a gentler smoked tea than others I’ve tried. It was smoky and toasty but not forest-fiery in its delivery. Flavor-wise, I had a similar impression. This tasted rather crisp, actually. It was a blunt black, but not in the “burn-your-eyebrows-off” sorta way. In short, I liked it. Quite surprised by its character.

I moonlight as a procrastinating writer and daylight as a trader of jack. I appreciate good tea, good beer, and food that is bad for me. Someday I’ll write the great American novel. And it’ll probably have something to do with tea or beer…or both. In the meantime, I subsist.

Tea Blog: http://www.steepstories.com