It takes a lot for me to say a tea is perfect. That and I’ve only ever encountered one perfect Darjeeling. Well, I think that’s been upstaged…by an oolong, no less. Castleton has produced an oolong that is both muscatel and dipped in creamy/fruity/floral nuances. It was a hard tea to identify…and even harder to put my adulation into words. Truly a perfect a cup, in my opinion.

Full Review: http://lazyliteratus.teatra.de/2011/09/14/trippin-on-moonlight/

ScottTeaMan

you were one of the lucky ones to get this tea from Thunderbolt….if I remember it sold out pretty quickly!

Geoffrey Norman

I know. Benoy Thapa – the purveyor of Thunderbolt – was telling me how it vanished rather quickly.

ScottTeaMan

I ordered from them in 2009, and before I could pick it up at the PO ( wasn’t home to sign for it), they sent it back to India! I remember choosing a couple really nice Darj teas. In 2010, I ordered two really nice Darj’s, Puttabong & Goomtee, both were amazing. I liked the Puttabong better though. 2011 teas sold out so fast…again there were a few I was gonna order, and I missed out….before I knew it, they were gone! Thunderbolt has some of the freshest Darjeeling teas! :) Benoy really knows how to pick winners. I’m not going to miss out in 2012!

ScottTeaMan

Top teas and very fair prices.

Comments

ScottTeaMan

Geoffrey Norman

ScottTeaMan

Top teas and very fair prices.

I moonlight as a procrastinating writer and daylight as a trader of jack. I appreciate good tea, good beer, and food that is bad for me. Someday I’ll write the great American novel. And it’ll probably have something to do with tea or beer…or both. In the meantime, I subsist.

Tea Blog: http://www.steepstories.com