This is my first ever English Breakfast tea! For shame!

As I mentioned in one of my last postings, I’ve been struggling with sinus headaches. They have been brutal. I’m not too sure what’s going on. I’m wondering if I need to vaccum my house. Maybe the cat fur is getting out of hand? Haha and maybe it’s the strong smells that seem to be everywhere around me right now.

Anyway, I went to get an Orange Pekoe and I couldn’t find one that I was looking for, so I decided to give this one a try.
Smell is very similar to an OP. It was little to no smell or ‘perfume.’ I actually really enjoy the smell of this one dry. It is so deep and almost dark smelling (if that makes sense). I thought I might as well give it a try.
Taste… well, I should have steeped it for 3mins not the 4:30 that I did. I’m finding it to be quite strong even after a little milk and sugar was added. It’s got a very strong black tea taste to it.
It is a nice option though to have. I love my OP and this is very very similar to it. Next time, I’ll just go a bit ‘lighter’ on the steeping time, and I think that’d make it perfect.

But I do like that for taste-wise, it’s an almost neutral flavour

Indigobloom

I find that breakfast blends are most always “neutral” like that. As if somehow the blend factor homogenizes the taste!!

TheKesser

Good to know! I’ll have to try some more

Comments

Indigobloom

TheKesser

Good to know! I’ll have to try some more

Updated Feb. 16/16
I’m a 30-something-year-old aspiring writer. I’ve written several short stories that I’m looking to get published someday soon.

I work as a paginator (I do page layout for our local weekly newspaper) and absolutely love it! I’m also an amateur photographer.
I’m a proud new mom of a sweet little baby boy born Feb. 3/15. He showed up 4.5 weeks early, but thankfully after a week in the hospital he’s great now. :)
I’m married to an absolute amazing man who “puts up” with my tea obsession.

It wasn’t until a few years after high school that I finally became interested in tea. I started with Orange Pekoe double double (milk not cream), and peppermint. Since that time, I’ve really opened up to other kinds of tea and I’ve well… I’ve kind of just went nuts since then.

I would have to say my favourite kinds are (in no particular order): black, herbal, white and rooibos (definitely prefer the green to red, but will drink the red too).

Green teas, pu’erh, and matcha are starting to grow on me but I’m very picky about them still. I am finding I like pu’erh tea cakes much better than loose. And with matcha I much prefer flavoured ones over straight.

I still don’t really care for mate teas but there a couple that are the exception to that.

Ontario, Canada