Happy belated birthday to me! My actual birthday was two days ago (Thursday), and I decided to buy myself a small bit of tea. :)
My mom and I went to this wonderful little place that sells tea, and I talked to the lady that owns it and she knows so much about tea it’s amazing. She said something about her degree/qualifications, but I don’t remember the details at this time. Anyway, I told her about my sinus headaches and how I was looking for just a plain basic black tea, and she suggested this one!
The smell is so warm and almost cosy. Who knew that a plain black tea could smell so nice in that way?! I really feel that I need to try more plain black teas. I drink so many flavoured ones and almost completely ignore the plain ones.
Anyway, so I made this one yesterday and I steeped it for like 4 mintues or so, but I found it to be quite strong. I was kind of surprised by it, but today I went ahead and steeped it for 3 mins with one tsp per cup. I’ve added my milk and sugar as always with my black teas, and it is so lovely. It’s definitely close to the orange pekoes I’ve had before, but it has a bit more of a promident flavour to it. I’m really loving it. It’s definitely curbing the plain black tea craving that I’ve had lately, and it’s a great choice for me with all this sinus congestion that is still plaguing me. (I’m thinking if it doesn’t clear up soon, I might go see my doctor. I’m going crazy with this. I might try one of those pots… I don’t remember the exact name that’s suppose to clean out the sinuses. Has anyone tried these before?)
Anyways… that’s all from me for now. :)

gmathis

Sometimes I forget - simply because so many bad bagged teas are purportedly orange pekoe/Ceylons - that some of them are downright good!

TheKesser