drank Citron Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

For some reason this morning I woke up thinking, “I want to try something I haven’t tried yet.” Most of the time I just want my normal favourites in the morning and I don’t even think about trying something new until afternoon if I’m lucky. haha
This one tho, jumped out at me for some unknown reason. Maybe it’s ’cause I was looking at this sample last night right before bed.

So this tea is quite delicious. I don’t get much oolong flavour to it though. I think my sample had mostly just the lemon and the jasmine flowers which, btw, I didn’t realize was even in this tea! I was surprised when I looked at the ingredients to figure out what that extra flavour was and found it to be jasmine. But, the combo is quite nice and refreshing! I could see this making an exceptional iced tea. If I had more of this one I definitely would try it. Maybe I’ll resteep my leaves and see if I can get a good steep out of it to chill.

I have a tiny bit extra that I think I’m going to combine with some of my coconut oolong and see what the coconut and lemon taste like together. They might be quite nice!

Updated Feb. 16/16
I’m a 30-something-year-old aspiring writer. I’ve written several short stories that I’m looking to get published someday soon.

I work as a paginator (I do page layout for our local weekly newspaper) and absolutely love it! I’m also an amateur photographer.
I’m a proud new mom of a sweet little baby boy born Feb. 3/15. He showed up 4.5 weeks early, but thankfully after a week in the hospital he’s great now. :)
I’m married to an absolute amazing man who “puts up” with my tea obsession.

It wasn’t until a few years after high school that I finally became interested in tea. I started with Orange Pekoe double double (milk not cream), and peppermint. Since that time, I’ve really opened up to other kinds of tea and I’ve well… I’ve kind of just went nuts since then.

I would have to say my favourite kinds are (in no particular order): black, herbal, white and rooibos (definitely prefer the green to red, but will drink the red too).

Green teas, pu’erh, and matcha are starting to grow on me but I’m very picky about them still. I am finding I like pu’erh tea cakes much better than loose. And with matcha I much prefer flavoured ones over straight.

I still don’t really care for mate teas but there a couple that are the exception to that.

Ontario, Canada