Oh my!

Have you ever had one of those mornings where you wake up and you’re feeling miserable from the moment you open your eyes? The problems from yesterday are back and they are ready to just attack without warning. They weigh heavily upon you and you really don’t know what to do about them?

Well, today was a morning such as that. I’m miserable from the moment I wake up and can’t seem to get my head in the game, when suddenly I decide to make myself a tea here at work.

I haven’t been at this new job all that long… almost… 3 months? I’m totally loving it and this place is just big enough that I’m still struggling to figure out everyones name. But the one girl I know not too badly, saw me making this up in one of the Davidstea filters with the drawstring. She looked at me funny asking me what it was. I told her tea… and she’s like “You brought tea from home?” I laughed. I said, “Yeah. I prefer the loose-leaf stuff” which got a weird look from her as she turned and to get the breakfast orders she had put in. She smiled and walked away shaking her head.

Those that don’t drink loose-leaf don’t get it… haha I can’t get over the quality difference, which I know I’ve said before, but seriously, it’s like comparing apples and kiwis! They are both round, but when you look deeper, you realize they are NOTHING alike! They taste so different that you can’t even compare them!

Anyway, enough of my rant. After making this tea and deciding that I would have it BLACK! (something I very rarely do with black teas) From the first sip I can feel my mood lifting! It is sweet and tasty and seems to warm just the right spot in my heart. I can feel the mood I’ve been in lifting. I’m so sad at myself for having waited so long before making myself a tea today. Shame on me! Tea needs to be the first thing I do when I start the day! haha

Anyway, it’s sweet and cinnamon-y but a lot more subtle cinnamon than say Saigon Chai. It’s got a bit of a creaminess to it, which I’m assuming is from the marshmallows. The allspice I’m definitely picking up too as that stuff is quite powerful on a good day. Today it’s just right! It makes me want to go home and bake something! I’m very thankful for this tea today. My first glass is already gone typing this review, but I’m planning to go right now and steep a second.