drank Chance Combinations by Custom

Last night we had a few friends over and for the first time they saw my tea cupboard! haha My cousin that came over said she was jealous. haha

Anyway, so my husband mentioned that there are a few teas that I have that I really haven’t drank ‘cause I don’t care for them even though I bought 100g thinking I would fall in love. And one he mentioned was Ice Cream Cake by Davidstea. I bought a bunch of that one, but really don’t care for it all that much. It’s not terrible, it’s just too sweet and not really my thing come to find out. So my thought this morning was to dig it out of the back of the cupboard and mix it with something to make it less sweet. And guess what?! It worked!

So for this mixing I paired 1.5 tsp of Ice Cream Cake from Davidstea with 1 tsp of Canadian Breakfast from The Metropolitan Tea Company!

What a fantastic pairing! I added milk and it made it nice! It wasn’t crazy sweet. If anything, it was more of a plain tea with a hint of something else sweet, but not crazy sweet thankfully! I told my hunny that I like the combo and would probably end up finishing it now and I think he’s happy. I know I’ll enjoy this combo.

yyz

I’ve had a couple of teas like that, that either have too strong or odd a flavouring, or too weak a base for me to appreciate them on their own, but that I have been able to finish or even come to appreciate once blended with another. The joys of having lots of teas to spare for experimentation!

TheKesser

lol definitely :)

Fjellrev

I’ve been doing something very similar with David’s Red Velvet Cake. Waaaay too sweet on its own, so I’ve been pairing it with H&S Florence. How people can drink those cake teas on their own is beyond me.

Comments

yyz

TheKesser

lol definitely :)

Fjellrev

Keep Calm and Put The Kettle On!

Ontario, Canada