drank Chance Combinations by Custom

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the great blueberry taste off!!

This year I have received or purchased upwards of 5, yes 5 blueberries teas! So the time has finally come to pit these teas against the rest and see which one of them takes home the prize as favourite blueberry tea in my house!

The five teas are: Wild Blue by Flavours of Nova Scotia, Bluest blueberry by Steeped Tea, Wild Blueberry by Steeped Tea, White blueberry by Adagio, and Heisenberg by Adagio tea.
Three are black teas, two are white. Let’s see how they fair, shall we?
First off, the colours are devine of all of them. My favourite of the colours is Heisenberg for being a great pink or light peach colour, followed by the white blueberry, and the three black teas are pretty close the same colour for all of them…

Starting with the black teas:
All being enjoyed at first without anything added.
Wild blue is definitely taking the lead as the nicest of the blueberry flavour. Makes me want to eat a blueberry.

Bluest blueberry: I’m noticing the blackberry touch, and although it’s nice in its own right, it’s not my thing.

Wild Blueberry: I’m just not liking this one at all really. The hibiscus is making it weird and combined with the raisins, I just don’t feel that this one is for me at all. This one is really baffling to me. It’s not as bad once it cools down quite a bit, but I’m more of the type to drink my black teas HOT. I don’t usually wait until they are cooled down a bit.

Adding milk and sugar to the black teas to see if it changes my mind about them at all. The wild blueberry is softened and not quite as odd, but still…

The winner between the black teas is: Wild Blue by Flavours of Nova Scotia! Their blend of real blueberries and black tea is the one that seems to have the very best flavour! It shouldn’t be too surprising as the other don’t have any real blueberries in them, only flavouring.

Onto the white teas: (They both have cooled a bit now since I was focusing on the black teas. I think they taste quite good still.)

First up, White Blueberry from Adagio.
Lovely white tea base. Not bitter at all (yaaay steeping right!). The blueberries aren’t overpowering, but they are quite delicious. A subtle taste, but very, very good. The base of this one is very lovely too.

Heisenberg: SO delicious! It’s got so much going on in it, but it is just absolutely divine! I’m getting the raspberry and apple with the blueberry and it’s making it an almost sweet treat! I didn’t realize there was black tea in this one at all. The pairing of everything is just SO out-of-this-world amazing, and nothing is overpower. it’s just all seems to work together in harmony so well.

The verdict for the white teas is: A two-way tie. I know, I didn’t want to do it, but I can’t chose. They are both out of this world! They both have their own greatness in different ways. The White blueberry is great for being simple, but still delicious, while Heisenberg has a great combo of a bunch of things going on and it seems to make it almost like a great dessert blueberry tea.

Anyways, to those that made it to the end of this tasting note with me, I wish to thank you for reading all the way through and hopefully laughing with me over this fun tasting event here at TheKesser’s house. I’m not too sure if there are other teas I have that are close together flavour-wise that I can do this with, but if not, then at least there will always be… the blueberry!

TheKesser

PS if there is a better place to log this than chance combinations, please let me know and I’ll move the review.

nice comparison!