I’m working on liking green tea. I really am. BUT this was nowhere near any kind of good. :( I steeped it for the time listed on the bag. It went really bitter really quickly. There was also something kinda globby in the tea as I was drinking it…this did not help. I also managed to spill half on my desk…this did not add to the experience. sigh

DaisyChubb

ew. Does not sound pleasant!

The Purrfect Cup

It was VERY not good. The glob was the worst part.

SimpliciTEA

Bummer. I hope you don’t give up on green teas, though! It may take some time to find one you like, but I think you will find when you do, it’ll be worth it!

Kashyap

Dragonwell in general has so many grades and most on the market carry it for its name recognition, that many of the good ones are difficult to find and usually cost in excess of$60/# so beware cheaper imitations….would not be my first pic if your trying to like green tea, its elusive nutty/pistachio flavor is nice, but it doesn’t really evade the astringency or vaguely oceaning flavor that so many don’t like about green teas….I think I would start with a nice green Darjeeling….or verdant teas laoshan green

Angrboda

Oh dear. Sometimes it’s just not meant to be. I find Dragon Well has a very distinctive flavour, though, so don’t give up. Alternatively, make it again, pour out the first steep and go straight to the second. For me there was enormous difference between the two and the second seemed much more fresh and perky. (Of course that was a different brand, so it might still not work)

The Purrfect Cup

@SimpliciTEA – I’m not giving up! :) I know I like the Sun Dried Jingshan from Verdant, but that should mean I will like other green teas too? Right?

@Kashyap I love the Sun Dried Jingshan Green from Verdant. It came as one of my tea of the month teas a while back and I do like it. So now i’m trying to expand on that and find other greens to like. I’ll look into the Green Darjeeling – which tea co. has your favorite?

@Angrboda – Thanks for the tip! You may be right their Dragonwell or Dragonwells in general might not be my cup of tea!

TeaBrat

I have not been a fan of dragonwells in the past. I finally found a really good one and it was $24 an ounce.

CHAroma

Maybe start with some flavored greens? A while back, I couldn’t stand the vegetal flavor of green teas. But then I had some really good flavored greens and then found I liked the unflavored versions more. I still can’t appreciate Dragonwell though, so you’re not alone there!

SimpliciTEA

I brewed up a sample of the Sun Dried Jingshan green from Verdant last year, and it was one of the best tasting green teas I have ever had (it seemed to embody that hard-to-describe fresh taste I have found in only a few green teas); so, yeah, if you like it you will likely find other green teas appealing.

It seems like it’s a matter of experimenting. My wife didn’t like green teas at first (she used to call drinking it, ‘taking her medicine’), but now she actually enjoys drinking some of them. I agree that going with a flavor-added green could help ‘ease you into them’. Still, when it comes down to it, no matter how many you try, you may not like them; after all, they’re not for everyone (what is?). But if you like that Sun Dried Jingshan, you will likely find other green teas you will like. Good Luck! : )

Comments

DaisyChubb

ew. Does not sound pleasant!

The Purrfect Cup

It was VERY not good. The glob was the worst part.

Kashyap