So apparently I’ve never rated this one…even if I’ve had it several times… Amy oh’s review from yesterday reminded me I had this tea. I knew it was going to be my tea of the morning. I had planned to get up at my usual time (even on my surprise day off – due to an excellent conference) but I eased into my day and slept a half an hour later (living the life I know).

But I took my time getting ready for the day = internet. Then I gathered the laundry to start, showered, etc. FINALLY I got the kettle going and had to do a little digging to find this one. I have to say it reminds me of coffee in both smell and taste. But not in a bad way. More like welcome back to a better way to have that caffeine kick. I did add a little soy creamer to this one and some of the amazing Vanilla Sugar from Penzey’s – which is mine and mine alone in the house!

I do get a lot of the pu-erh in this tea even with the additions to it. BUT I think the suger is finally allowing the caramel toffee flavor to shine here. I seem to taste the pu-erh more on the finish this time around rather than right from the start. A really nice way to start my lovely day off.

TeaBrat

I might add some sugar to mine next time too

Comments

TeaBrat

I might add some sugar to mine next time too