So I tested the guy helping me out at Teavana yesterday as I asked for this tea. I asked about the flavor of this tea waiting to see if he’d mention the chocolate and malty notes…no he told me there was nothing to this tea as it was a straight black tea…um WHAT? Of course he then offered me the Golden Monkey starting at $18.50 per two ounces…because that’s the one that had the coco flavors I was thinking of.

Yes it does (I’ve had it to go – because I like being married and the price is WAY to high) have chocolate/coco notes. But the Black Dragon Pearl does too. I’d say it even has MORE. Anyway this was my all day tea today. In fact I got close to 5 steeps out of 5 pearls! I was impressed to say the least. This is a favorite of mine, but I think I need to look into getting it a little cheaper in the future. Sure I’ll get a lot of steeps out of it but there has to be another place to get something similar. Help me Steepsterites you are my only hope! :)

JacquelineM

Teavivre offers black dragon pearls for less $$$. I haven’t had them yet but other Steepsterites said they were excellent.

I adore the Teavana ones, like you :)

Insence&Tea

I have the Teavivre ones and they are great. They are very strong and have a deep rich cocoa flavor which sounds like what you wanted.

The Purrfect Cup

Hmm, if I place an order now I should get Teavivre ones just in time. Actually I discovered I have samples here of them to try perhaps I’ll do that tomorrow! Thanks ladies!!

DaisyChubb

The Teavivre ones are sooo delectable!

ashmanra

The Teavivre ones are supposed to arrive any day now and I am sooo excited!

TeaBrat

The ones from Mandala Tea are also terrific…

Thanks ladies! :)

Bonnie

Even my local Happy Lucky’s has really good Pearls so there must be good sources at good prices.

The Purrfect Cup

This was more I was in the mall, Teavana was in the mall and they had the tea I wanted. More proximity at that point.

Terri HarpLady

I love Black dragon Pearls!

Azzrian

Teavivre or Mandala all the way :)

Comments

JacquelineM

I adore the Teavana ones, like you :)

Insence&Tea

DaisyChubb

The Teavivre ones are sooo delectable!

ashmanra

The Teavivre ones are supposed to arrive any day now and I am sooo excited!

TeaBrat

The ones from Mandala Tea are also terrific…

Thanks ladies! :)

Bonnie

Terri HarpLady

I love Black dragon Pearls!

Azzrian

Teavivre or Mandala all the way :)

Upstate New York