I’ve gotten into a nasty habit at work…drinking coffee. I know, bad, bad. But I’ve been trying to kick that by bringing some of my favorite teas to work and to make a thermos full of something before I leave in the morning. For that I’ve tried pu-erh’s because they are usually super strong like coffee.

The other day I noticed that my local tea room just started carrying this blend. I knew I had to get my paws on some ASAP. So I ordered 4oz. I know you might be thinking this is a bit much for a tea I’ve never tried before. But I’ve only ever had one tea I bought in a large amount from The Whistling Kettle that I didn’t like. My order arrived yesterday and I’m just digging in today.

The dry leaves smell like coffee with hints of chocolate and caramel. Not crummy coffee either, like top notch coffee that might be served in some swanky cafe. The steeped leaf smells more like the earthiness I’ve come to expect from a pu-erh tea. The mocha and caramel notes come out and mix really well with one another in this tea. I think I found a nice way to get a little coffee and yet not feel guilty for not having tea!

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Earth

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Ysaurella

I think we can like both tea and coffee :) this blend seems to be a nice combination

The Purrfect Cup

Oh I know we can. :) I just feel horrible when I have coffee when I could have had tea.

aisling of tea

My brother got me a Whistling Kettle tea of the month subscription for Christmas last year, it was awesome!!

You had this tea before?

aisling of tea

Nope, but their other teas are amazing.

SimpliciTEA

I loved reading this: “I knew I had to get my paws on some ASAP.” Sometimes I like to use the phrase, " … get my mitts on …". ‘Paws’ works too, especially as I feel sometime like I am part canine. :P

Comments

Ysaurella

You had this tea before?

aisling of tea

Nope, but their other teas are amazing.

SimpliciTEA