No work today, I have the whole day just to myself, and I chose to spend time on Steepster. Oh! how I wish I could spend more time to read reviews, and write more often myself! But life has other plans for me right now …

So I seize every opportunity that presents itself to take a break from my crazy schedule and sip a good cup of tea. I tell you, tea protects me from insanity! People around me know, tea is my religion, a sacred temple, an escape, a source of inspiration and meditation. For an over achiever like me, it means a lot.

I look out the window, I enjoy watching birds, trying to find seeds that fell from the feeder in the snow. I live in the countryside, not too far from the big city. Nature, just like tea, brings a much needed balance to my life.

Today, the sky is gray. February can be depressing around here, winter taking its toll I guess… But I like this kind of atmosphere, it leaves lots of room for melancholy to set in and take its rightful place. I put on the music of ELLIOTT SMITH, Miss Misery is playing and I realize how much I have missed him since his death. I really need his music today.

I want to honor this moment with something special. I recently received my order from Teavivre, it’s the perfect time to try this white Peony. I am a bit skeptical but positive feedback from some of you gives me confidence. I don’t know much about whites, and the ones I have tried so far never fully seduced me…until now!

First of all, as many others, I am impressed with the quality packaging that Teavivre offers, it’s the best I’ve seen. From the get go, you know that what’s in there was treated with all the respect it deserves. I open the bag and I discover long leaves of a pretty green color, the pouch is full as the weight of this tea is very light.

My first steep is one minute. The infused leaves have a strong smell of hay and spinach. The liquid is a light golden color. The taste is sweet and slightly grassy, with hints of freshly cut hay and a flowers. Everything is very subtle, but far from being boring!

The 2nd infusion (2 min) is completely different! Not as sweet and grassy, but with distinct notes of apricot (is this possible?) It’s fading, but the hay is still present. Not much flower notes this time around. I really love the experience so far. I now realize that I had never drank a white tea worthy of the name before.

Teavivre, thank you for introducing me to this new standard of quality.

I will from now on refer to this tea as my ELLIOTT SMITH tea, the one I drank in honor of his beautiful music legacy …

Note: the 3rd infusion is lighter, the apricot is gone, but the floral is back. Still tasty, but I’m not sure it can stand a fourth time…