This tea is simply a marvel of refinement and sophistication. First infusion and I am captivated by its rich aroma and its multiple flavors which interlace. Some milk, yes, subtly creamy and sweet. Comparatively to Teavivre’s milk oolong which I also greatly appreciated, I detect no floral note so far.  It might come through in the next several infusions I’m about to have today… I know that the milk aroma is natural in Teavivre. I wonder if it’s the same for this one, does anybody know if the milk is manualy added?  If it’s all natural goodness, then this tea is a miracle to be so naturally creamy!!

Now, the body: so dense and silky, it is a creme caramel transformed into beverage! Adding anything to it would be a crime, to all the milk and sugar addicts (Seinfeld quote: not that there’s anything wrong with that! ) please have this one “au naturel” first, then decide if you need to pimp your tea :o)

I’m now having my second steep, the leaves have almost fully unfolded, and the taste is just as wonderful and milky as the first infusion, and I can now detect the orchid slowly emerging.

This is a favourite of mine, definitely!

Sandra Brassard

I agree 200% with you comment… My all time favorite tea. What a pleasure! AMZING!

What temp and how long to you steep yours? PLZ

TheTeaFairy

À SANDRA : oui, il est merveilleux, un peu dispendieux, mais j’en tire 5 infusions, alors on peut dire que c’est un bon rendement!
To BONNIE: I use a bit more tea and temperature lower than recommended, that’s how I seem to get more sweetness out of it, around 85C, (185F) for 4 min. the first 2 infusions, then I bring temperature up to about 95C, 5 min. I get a total of 5 delicious steeps!

Bonnie

Gracias! (so ok I lived in California!)

DaisyChubb

great review! Now I have to go drink some!!

Charles Thomas Draper

I have to try a milk oolong after reading this….

TheTeaFairy

I know!!! I love when a review makes me want to have that tea right here and now! The more when it’s already in my cupboard! Don’t you guys love when a tea stirs up so much emotions?

Charles Thomas Draper

The brilliance of Steepster….

Comments

Sandra Brassard

What temp and how long to you steep yours? PLZ

Bonnie

Gracias! (so ok I lived in California!)

DaisyChubb

great review! Now I have to go drink some!!

Charles Thomas Draper

I have to try a milk oolong after reading this….

Charles Thomas Draper

The brilliance of Steepster….

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

The Laurentians, Canada