Happy Easter/Passover, Steepster Comrades!!

Yesterday, Easter brunch was at my house. Mother, brother, sister, Stepfather, they’re all coffee addicts in the morning… Only Mr. Right supports me in my tea drinking.
So as usual, I made a gigantic pot of coffee. But as a true advocate of the tea cause, I also made a large pot of Assam Banaspaty. Can a girl be blamed for trying to convert a few people from time to time?

I ask my Stepfather: «Want to try some Assam Banaspaty ? His reply: «Assam who? They make dictator tea now? » (Thinks he’s being funny) «Not SADAM, ASSAM!!! It’s an excellent black Indian tea. » (Love my stepdad, but he takes pleasure of hiding the fact that he’s an educated man sometimes.)

«Tea is for little girls my darling, real men don’t associate with tea» says he, egg yolk dripping from his chin, now how manly is that??

Don’t I love a challenge!!

«If you try it, I’ll make extra pancakes just for you. » «Bring it on, then!» (Men are weak this way)

I pour the tea in a new cup, don’t want any coffee contamination. «Sooo??? »

« I’ve tasted worst things, but it’s got nothing on coffee! »

Translation: « I’m not saying I would stop drinking coffee for it, but to my surprise, I really enjoy it, way better than expected!) Happy me, he likes it!!!

So the brunch went on, and so did his tea drinking. Not only did he finish his cup, but he poured another one! Said he did it only to honor me and my pancakes…What a gentleman!

This tea is just the perfect homey breakfast tea. It has everything you need to support a good meal. The taste is fantastic, just the right amount of everything you want out of a plain black tea. Very malty, and not bitter unless you steep it too long.

It definitely has a place in my cupboard, oops just ran out!

Bonnie

Love your tit for tat dialogue!

Indigobloom

A tea convert on the way… make him try a Lapsang or Pu-erh next. That’s scare the man in him :P

Bonnie

Or put hair on his chin with the egg!

Bonnie

Sorry guys (men) not making too much fun of your breed, come to think of it, the reason I took so long to come to the tea side is because I thought you had to use dainty cups and sit in flowered tea rooms…it was too fru fru for me. My daughter loves that stuff.

hahaha!
Indigobloom: nevermind, Lapsang and Pu’erh are still scaring ME sometimes! But I’m working on that…
Bonnie: the egg was plenty believe me, let’s not add to it! And let’’s hope he will never see the words fru fru associated with tea cause that will be the end of his conversion!
P.S. so pleased with the fact that tea lovers have emancipated to something other than a stuck up breed!!

Bonnie

Oh boy, I’m going to send you some Puerh and Lapsang!

K S

just tp let you know, guys will do fru fru if you wrap it in bacon! mmm bacon.

TheTeaFairy

K S: you’re a funny guy, aren’t you? Bacon always works, should have thought of that!
Bonnie: you had suggested DT Chocolate orange and Coffee pu’erh. I bought them and will review shortly. I have yet to try my Ripened Aged Pu-erh Mini Tuocha (those little things worry me a bit, fishy tasting maybe?)
As for Lapsang, I have only tried DT, and boy was it smokey! Still not sure if I liked it or hated it, if that makes any sense! Feel free to give me more suggestions :)

Indigobloom

ugh the lapsang from DT was my least fave. Try another tea house for that!

Bonnie

I have a toned down lapsang souchong that I should send you some of…has jasmine that is like popcorn! Instead of floral it mellows the smoke. My local tea shop blends it. (Happy Luckys) it’s called Lion and Lamb.

Comments

Bonnie

Love your tit for tat dialogue!

Bonnie

Or put hair on his chin with the egg!

hahaha!

Bonnie

Oh boy, I’m going to send you some Puerh and Lapsang!

K S

just tp let you know, guys will do fru fru if you wrap it in bacon! mmm bacon.

Indigobloom

ugh the lapsang from DT was my least fave. Try another tea house for that!

Bonnie

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

The Laurentians, Canada