Ooh-la-la, this tea,

Treasure of scented pearls, the caviar of tea…

Open the jar…

Close my eyes…inhale…

In another era, from the luxuriant gardens of Forbidden City,
a world where I have never set foot, but that I recognize from the many books I have flirted with …

Am I having this tea as the Emperor’s favorite concubine? No! As the Empress of Imperial China herself!!! (Why settle for less?)

Well, I know that the Emperor’s entourage probably never drank jasmine pearls, as I think floral teas were not the most prized ones, but I still like to imagine they would!

The texture of this tea is just like its shape: surprisingly round, full and velvety on the palate.

NO TRACE of astringency, even after several minutes of infusion (I accidentally steeped it for 5 min. the first time)

2nd and 3rd steep: still that velvety roundness.

The floral note of jasmine is both rich and fresh, but absolutely not overpowering, the sap of green tea is very present in the background.

Contrary to other jasmine teas I have tried, the floral note doesn’t linger and leave a perfumed imprint in the mouth.

Conclusion: This tea is noble, of exceptional quality and commands respect for the history and craftsmanship it bears.
(And I should mention, TEAVIVRE, you are offering it at an exceptional low price, I thank you for that!)

Bonnie

Good review Empress TeaFairy!

TheTeaFairy

Xièxiè, Bonnie…You are welcomed to teletransport to my palace at anytime :)

TeaVivre

Glad that you like this tea!

Comments

Bonnie

Good review Empress TeaFairy!

TheTeaFairy

Xièxiè, Bonnie…You are welcomed to teletransport to my palace at anytime :)

TeaVivre

Glad that you like this tea!

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada