It’s about 80 outside, I’m by the pool listening to Bob Marley «could you be loved?» ( how appropriate!) Yes you could, you Luscious Watermelon!

I’m having it more than iced, I’m having it slushed! Got a recipe from David’s Tea newsletter and decided today was perfect to try it… Used a strong infusion and poured in my Vitamix with ice cubes. In replacement of the agave recommended, I added real watermelon already diced and frozen. Blended a few seconds, a dash of lime juice and I was good to go!

I know, it’s not «real» tea, but still comes from an infusion right? and who cares it’s so damn good and refreshing!

momo

That slush sounds fabulous! It’s over 100 here so that would be so good right now.

TheTeaFairy

wish I could send the rest of my pitcher your way, Amanda :-)

TheTeaFairy

DaisyChubb, you can even add couple more yummms, I’m at my second pitcher of this, now the boyfriend is diving in!

Gladly!
haha I saw the slush recipe on the newsletter today – the only thing that turned me away is that our blender sounds like something is exploding when we use it – it’s sooo loud and takes forever to crush icecubes. Other than that I would be making this every day!

TheTeaFairy

That’s why I invested in a Vitamix this year… Had my share of bad blenders. I had to save up for it for a while though, they’re soooo expensive, but I use it more than once a day for green juice, fruit «ice cream», etc… now for my ice tea! Worth the investment!

Helena

I tried this with cool fountain water and it was tasty but would’ve been better iced. Oh well I’ll buy that DT travel mug and go for the $1 iced tea sometime soon.

TeaBrat

I have a Blendtec and I love it! It is awesome for smoothies. I need to find ways to make more tea drinks with it…

DaisyChubb

I will keep that in mind! I don’t mind investing in cool kitchen stuff. Still saving for a Soda Stream ;)

TheTeaFairy

Helena: I find this tea good no matter how I have it, hot or cold, it’s always sweet and tasty!
Amy: high power blenders, you don’t know untill you try one, right? I had know idea how much it would change the way I do things in the kitchen… I’m just starting to experiment with tea drinks myself, I’ve started adding green tea to my green juices, loving it!
Daisy: I promess you, it is worth every penny :-)

Comments

momo

TheTeaFairy

wish I could send the rest of my pitcher your way, Amanda :-)

Gladly!

Helena

TeaBrat

TheTeaFairy

Daisy: I promess you, it is worth every penny :-)

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada