It’s about 80 outside, I’m by the pool listening to Bob Marley «could you be loved?» ( how appropriate!) Yes you could, you Luscious Watermelon!

I’m having it more than iced, I’m having it slushed! Got a recipe from David’s Tea newsletter and decided today was perfect to try it… Used a strong infusion and poured in my Vitamix with ice cubes. In replacement of the agave recommended, I added real watermelon already diced and frozen. Blended a few seconds, a dash of lime juice and I was good to go!

I know, it’s not «real» tea, but still comes from an infusion right? and who cares it’s so damn good and refreshing!

momo

That slush sounds fabulous! It’s over 100 here so that would be so good right now.

TheTeaFairy

wish I could send the rest of my pitcher your way, Amanda :-)

TheTeaFairy

DaisyChubb, you can even add couple more yummms, I’m at my second pitcher of this, now the boyfriend is diving in!

Gladly!
haha I saw the slush recipe on the newsletter today – the only thing that turned me away is that our blender sounds like something is exploding when we use it – it’s sooo loud and takes forever to crush icecubes. Other than that I would be making this every day!

TheTeaFairy

That’s why I invested in a Vitamix this year… Had my share of bad blenders. I had to save up for it for a while though, they’re soooo expensive, but I use it more than once a day for green juice, fruit «ice cream», etc… now for my ice tea! Worth the investment!

Helena

I tried this with cool fountain water and it was tasty but would’ve been better iced. Oh well I’ll buy that DT travel mug and go for the $1 iced tea sometime soon.

TeaBrat

I have a Blendtec and I love it! It is awesome for smoothies. I need to find ways to make more tea drinks with it…

DaisyChubb

I will keep that in mind! I don’t mind investing in cool kitchen stuff. Still saving for a Soda Stream ;)

TheTeaFairy

Helena: I find this tea good no matter how I have it, hot or cold, it’s always sweet and tasty!
Amy: high power blenders, you don’t know untill you try one, right? I had know idea how much it would change the way I do things in the kitchen… I’m just starting to experiment with tea drinks myself, I’ve started adding green tea to my green juices, loving it!
Daisy: I promess you, it is worth every penny :-)

Comments

momo

TheTeaFairy

wish I could send the rest of my pitcher your way, Amanda :-)

Gladly!

Helena

TeaBrat

TheTeaFairy

Daisy: I promess you, it is worth every penny :-)

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

near montreal