drank Matcha Matsu by DAVIDsTEA

(My 2nd review of this )

This time, I come prepared to «match II» of TheTeaFairy V/S Matcha Matsu!

I brought to the table the proper ammo, fool me once, never twice (hopefully):

- variable temp kettle:  check!

- extra large bowl:  check! (the golf green kitchen counter experiment has been done before, see previous review)

- No witness zone: check!  (confidence level not on high, did lose big chunk-o-pride in round 1)

So we meet again… inoffensive looking green powder, but oh so lethal if not handled with care!

Matcha, here’s the deal: If you don’t want to end up exclusively in my morning smoothies, you better show some cooperation… I paid some big bucks for you, time to show some love and let me drink some decent liquor!!!

I must stay focused, take a deep breath… start whisking, gently this time.   No frantic motion.  I’m master of my matcha.  Oops, a little slip creates some green juice escape…it’s ok, don’t panic!  No one said it had to be perfect, I will happily settle for bearable.

Alright now, stop!

Let’s see what we have… looks like matcha, nice froth going on, opaque but not muddy… hum, is there hope for me?

Shall I dare taste it?  Can’t help a vivid memory from resurrecting, how bitter was my last cup of this?  Oh, trust me, VERY!  It almost made a hole in my stomach! This time I followed tips from fellow Steepster and used a lot less powder.

Well this is a different tea now, It’s actually drinkable! Can’t say I’m in love with it, but I see myself having it again.

Hard for me to compare since this is the only Matcha I ever bought…if I compare to the ones I’ve had at the sushi bar, I come to the conclusion they eighter use higher grade Matcha or some kind of sweetener cause I don’t find that sweetness in mine. It’s very grassy, and still a tad bitter, but not in a harmful way this time!

For obvious lack of experience with matcha, once again I will not rate this until I have tried couple more, it wouldn’t be fair.

But I’m glad I gave it a proper shot!

Kittenna

Ahahahaha, love the review! I have yet to try matcha straight… it’s always been in a cold latte for me (which is delicious!)

TheTeaFairy

I think it’s an aquired taste to say the least! Never had as a latte, not fond of milk, but I see most poeple having it that way, so must be really good :-)

Mélissa

The Japanese say you have to make 101 matchas before you make one right. Atleast that’s what they said at a matcha shop in Montreal. ;-)

Comments

Kittenna

TheTeaFairy

Mélissa

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada