STACY FROM BUTIKI, THANK YOU FOR THIS SAMPLE!

First order with Butiki came on Friday.  But did I know it came on Friday?  No I didn’t!  And why didn’t I know?  Cause Mr. Right was having a bad case of Nascar fever, that’s why!  ( Nascar week here in Montréal.)

See, Mr Right is in charge of picking up the mail everyday (We live in the country and don’t get mail delivered at the door).

I don’t know if some of you are like that, but when I have tea on it’s way, I become very anxious and kind of obsessed with cheking the mail…rings a bell? sounds familiar? So before I left for work Friday morning, I asked:  «Honey, before you leave for the race, could you please make sure you go pick up the mail?»

What I’m thinking is «Oh! Please Tea God, make sure my tea has arrived so I may have a heavenly tea week end!»  (don’t laugh, you all know THERE IS A TEA GOD, so don’t pretend you never pray for him!)

Of course Mr Right said:  «I will go for sure, don’t worry.» And I beleived him.  I trusted him. No reason to doubt him.

When I came back home Friday night, there was no package on the kitchen table. Oh well, I thought TEA GOD must have been too busy for me…

So I was a Nacar widow for the week end…every year he spends Nascar week end at the race track in Montreal with my broher.  They have a men’s week end, with men’s food and men’s beverages that won’t incude tea of any kind. (so they thought…)

On Saturday night, Mr Right calls to check on me.

He’s having a blast.

Happy for him, really.

He asks why am I not more enthousiastic for him. ( I usually am…)

I tell him about my anticipation and then my dispointment for not getting the tea.

Basically, I’m in a tea depressed mood. There, I’ve said it!

Oh-oh… I sense a discompfort at the end on the line.  silence.  never good.

Then, the bomb:  «You know, when I picked up the mail yesterday morning before leaving, there was a small package.  I didn’t really look at it, sorry.  I just remembered now, I forgot it in the car…ooops…»

Words are sinking in….  forgot it in the car… forgot it in HIS CAR!  Been sitting there, in the heat wave for almost 2 days, can’t be good!  I try to compose myself, I have a nervous twitch going on, but I manage to maintain a hint of normalcy in my voice.

«Honey, you know, heat is not the best thing for tea… and why did you think I was asking you to pick up the mail on Friday?  Why am I usually so anxious to get the mail?  TEA… yes, my love…TEA. You should have guessed.»

To his defense, Nascar is as much of a passion for him than tea is for me. ( well maybe not quite AS MUCH, but close enough)

So compassion sets in, and my love for him releases the tension.

A simple «Can you get them for me and put them in a cool place until you come back?»

leads to  «Ok, now can you open Pineapple oolong and descibe how it smells for me?»

And so he did for all the pouches!  We had «phone tea» together and we loved it:-)

He then told me he had too much beer and was contemplating the idea of making a cup of Orange Creamsicle!

Yes, he ended up having my heavenly tea before I did!  Both NASCAR GOD and TEA GOD working wonders for him this week end! What can I say, he’s a very deserving dude!

He came back this morning, a little ashamed of himself, but the tea was preserved!

I had to try this one right away!  Mr Right said on the phone that it smelled just like pineapple Lifesavers. That’s exactly it!  Mmmm…the taste is so pineapple and natural! I haven’t indulged in a good fruity flavored tea in a long time.  This one is spectacular!  Exotic and creamy…but the taste is light and refreshing, with an all natural sweetness at the end. The oolong is a good quality one, does make a big difference.  Too often, the base tea is of a lower quality in flavored teas.  Butiki, from what I’ve been reading on Steepster, never does that. Those pineapple chunks are so fragrant! And the calendula buds make this blend so pretty! In fact, I find all teas at Butiki are pretty. As if Stacy blends them with all the care and love she thinks they deserve. She probably does!

This one is a hit, and I will definatly order it next time.

I have to mention the incredible service I received from Stacy.  She made me feel so welcomed as a new client!  I loved the attention and the special samples she so graciously included.  Sets apart from competition, just love a vendor that makes you feel special :-)

Thanks again, can’t wait to try the rest of my bunch!

Butiki Teas

“Phone Tea” gave me such a good laugh. Thanks for the compliments :)

Bonnie

Oh this was such a wonderful and fun review to read. I hope you write more. I want to see the movie version of this TEA/ NASCAR relationship with the accent and all which I wish I had. All beautiful and charming and magical!

TheTeaFairy

@Butiki: yes, our «phone tea» session was a lot of fun, great way of getting a good description! As for the compliments, they are well deserved!

TheTeaFairy

@Bonnie: thank you, what a nice compliment coming from you! The movie would be boring I’m afraid…regular folks with regular lives! But we always try to put the fun in it, especially when going through rough times…I WISH I could write more! Couple of vacation days coming my way, stay tuned:-)

momo

I love when tea and racing can come together! There is actually a tea from a company in Singapore, TGW or something like that, called Race Day! The only place in North America with it is over in Vancouver and they want waaaaay too much for shipping so I am waiting for the day I make it to Vancouver to get it.

That sounds fantastic! I love that he would have “phone tea” with you :)

TheTeaFairy

@Sil: yes, he’s funny that way!

CupofTree

It was such a joy to read this. Thank you for sharing :)

TheTeaFairy

@Amanda: on the contrary, I would never have mixed the two! But I know your likings for racing, so you obviously have more experience than I do with combining tea with cars :-) Hope you get to try that tea soon, sounds like you’ll have to come and visit us here in Canada!

TheTeaFairy

@CupofTree: Thanks! Always nice to share a story here:-)

tigress_al

Lol, your story made me laugh. Tea tells a story on its own…“the Nascar adventures of Flowery Pineapple Oolong.”

TheTeaFairy

@tigress: hahaha! Love the title, now that could be featured as a movie title, maybe Bonnie was right in her comment afterall, should I present the idea to Pixar for their next animated car movie?

Comments

Butiki Teas

“Phone Tea” gave me such a good laugh. Thanks for the compliments :)

Bonnie

momo

That sounds fantastic! I love that he would have “phone tea” with you :)

TheTeaFairy

@Sil: yes, he’s funny that way!

CupofTree

It was such a joy to read this. Thank you for sharing :)

TheTeaFairy

@CupofTree: Thanks! Always nice to share a story here:-)

tigress_al

TheTeaFairy

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

The Laurentians, Canada