drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

2nd review…

As I woke up this morning, before I had this wonderful tea, I asked myself a question:

IF…  there was only one tea left on this earth, what would I want it to be?

IF… I had to choose only one tea that I would have to drink for the rest of my life, which would it be?

There are several ways to ask the same question…bottom line, for me the result is always the same:  VERDANT LAOSHAN BLACK.

Why was I asking myself this question? Well, I just bought a new tea book, and this is how it opens:

«Tea is a friend of meditation, keeping the heart immerged in profound tranquility.  Tea is wings of imagination, lifting  people above the mundane world while remaining clear minded, getting people nearer wisdom rather than losing sanity.»

Could the meaning of tea be expressed in a better way?

Why do these words hit home for me? I have to quote myself from a previous review: «Tea protects me from insanity, people around me know, tea is my religion, a sacred temple, an escape, a source of inspiration and meditation».

When I wrote that, I meant it, of course but it was several months ago, and I had never tried a tea of exception such as this one. I now come to the realization that not all teas can make you feel this way…In retrospect, I now understand that the true meaning of my own words comes alive with this tea.

I don’t know if what I’m trying to say comes across clearly enough.

See, I don’t really have a rating system, I go as I feel at the moment I write my review.  From now on, in order to give a rating of 100, a tea will have to make me feel the way it is so beautifully written in that first page of this new tea book of mine.

Laoshan black does…

Having said that, I hope there will never be only ONE tea left on this earth! What a sad vision :-(

Indigobloom

this will never happen!! we must take care of our planet… so that there is always tea! (and everything else of course:P)

TheTeaFairy

Indigo, thanks for mentioning that, taking care of our planet…

Bonnie

I know from all I’ve learned about Laoshan Village that the He family would be pleased that you love the tea they grew to share with you. You understand how special it is and have made the connection beyond the flavor in the cup. This only can happen when you are tranquil and still. Taking time with tea is hard at first in our hectic society but worth the effort.

TheTeaFairy

As a matter of fact, I respect this tea so much, I will have it ONLY if I know I have TIME or it…As you mentioned, there’s real people’s labor behind this tea that we must be thankful for.

Comments

Indigobloom

TheTeaFairy

Indigo, thanks for mentioning that, taking care of our planet…

Bonnie

TheTeaFairy

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

near montreal