Happy Tuesday, MASSIVE TEA ORDER came my way today!

Oh, I’m the first to review this one!

Things really got out of control on Black Friday…I just happen to be one of the lucky gal who took advantage of Della Terra 60% off sale and, well, let’s just say that instead of spending less, I just ordered twice as much of what I would have at regular price…that leaves me with 15 pouches to try. Tea binge. And yes, storage has become a serious problem…

I came across Della Terra in the search of a new flavored tea retailer… my long time regular flavored tea shop was a disappointment in the last year of so, I don’t want to bash on them cause they still offer outstanding customer service, but quality is just not what it used to, so I turn to others to meet my standards.

I do enjoy desert tea but I’m super picky… I will try a ratio of ten to find one I really like. With real food, I’m not a fan of anything super sweet (except maple syrup!), but rich dark chocolate is the way to go if you want to win me over. Cherries being among my favorite fruits, I tell you, this tea had me drooling at its name…

Out of all 15 huge pouches, that’s the one that got me on a frenzy, searching like a maniac, tossing all the other bags… I could hear their screams «pick me! pick me!», but nope, Griottes was the chosen one.

I was so hoping it would meet my expectations…and it did just that!!

The dry blend smells fantastic, but I picked just a hint of sourness that got me worried a little. However, it just translated as a hint of tartness, which paired beautifully the richness of the chocolate.

Think plump luscious and juicy cherries dipped in decadent dark chocolate. As simple as that.

I haven’t had one in years, but the wet leaves kind of smell like Cherry Blossom candy bar!

The steep time recommended was 2-3 minutes. I have to mention that was not enough for me, way too watery. I steeped it 4min 30sec to get the richness I wanted.

Having said that, black flavored teas often turn bitter if over steeped, so better start with shorter time and adjust according to what you like.

Great job on this Della Terra!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada