Happy New Year to all of you! (Better late than never!)

The past few days, it seems that every time I’m about to sit, relax, and enjoy some time on Steepster, something happens! Today was no exception… As I was prepared to write this review I heard a loud weird and abnormal sound… looked out the window…and saw chaos! Our supposedly 4 season solarium had just collapsed under the snow! What a mess! What can I say, it’s been snowing every second day around here since the beginning of December, we just can’t keep up with it!!! On a positive note, we’ve been having lots of fun playing outside during the holidays and it makes us feel very cozy inside!

So, finally, my review of this tea. Since it wasn’t on Steepster yet, I’ve just added it with Teajo’s permission and will be the first one to review on it.

The smell of the dry blend is mesmerizing, yum, so berry-chocolaty! Very promising, my hopes are very high! But I try to keep expectations at a reasonable level, disappointment is often following olfactory ecstasy. Got to keep it real folks!

I steeped as recommended. Wow, heavenly aroma, couldn’t wait for it to cool down! I’ve tried many raspberry teas from larger flavoured tea retailers, and for me, something is always either missing, or shouldn’t be there. But I’m happy to say my quest for the perfect one is officially over, this one is the bomb!

This tea is hands down the best raspberry tea I’ve ever had! And so naturally tasting that is. I’m a big fan of raspberries, I could eat them all the time. To all raspberry tea lovers out there
(and I know there’s quite a few here) I’m telling you people, you have got to try this one!

You know what I like the most about it? It tastes exactly what I spent my money on: a black tea, complimented by raspberry and chocolate flavourings. Bonus: all natural! There. Could it be any simpler than that? Apparently, it is not that simple cause I don’t know how many times I have had flavoured teas not tasting what they were advertised for.

This one is done just right!

Real raspberries are sweet, but a little tart at the same time. I get some of that!

Chocolate is expected to add some decadent twist to the cup. I get some of that!

But what strikes me the most is the tea base. I get lots of that! The richness of full body and fresh full leaf Assam! I am totally under its spell!

See, what I like the most about tea is…tea! I will enjoy a good dessert tea once in a while, but too often, I can’t even identify what the tea base is, cause, well, it’s completely overwhelmed by the other stuff…I understand that there’s a market for that, and that people enjoy having those «desserts» minus the calories. I do too, I have plenty of them in my cupboard! But to me, it’s such a reward when I find the flavours I expect to find, with no fuss, just the bare essence of it.

Teajo seem to care a lot about the ingredients they put in their teas, and they seem to have an understanding of what differentiates a good flavoured tea from superior one: the tea itself !

I’m glad I was able to discover them through their big Thanksgiving sale, I am very impressed so far by their products, but also by their personalized customer service. Thank you Piccolo :-) I will be a returning customer…later that is, I do have to drink tons of tea I already have and keep up on New Years resolution to spend less on tea orders… (no worries, I never keep my resolutions!)

Bonnie

Missed your voice here…glad you found your perfect raspberry chocolate and that it’s NATURAL!

TheTeaFairy

Thanks Bonnie! You know me by now, right? Life happens, I disappear for a while, but I always come back… Missed you too :-)

mmmmm i’ll have to put this on my wish list to try out!

Donna A

TeaFairy, i have enjoyed the Teajo teas I’ve had including this one. They do a good job, and now offer a good deal on 10-12 cup samples.

Indigobloom

wow now I have another shop on my list!! this sounds heavenly

TheTeaFairy

Sil, I know tastes are very personal, but I’m pretty sure this one could win you over!

TheTeaFairy

@Donna: Also love a retailer that will let you purchase samples at a decent price! Hate being stuck with a 3 oz pouch of tea that I don’t like!

@Indigobloom: I’m actually surprised that this company is not more present here on Steepster. I really liked the teas I’ve tried so far, very fresh and natural tasting :-)

Tea fairy – it was one of the teas I was going to pick up on Black Friday but sadly something else came up. After this review I’m going to make sure it’s on my list to pick up once I place another order heh

Cissystix

I love a good raspberry anything and a little chocolate with it is even better. Your review has inspired me to order some of this one to try!

TheTeaFairy

Cissystix, you will probably enjoy it then :-)

Donna A

@Teafairy-I thought the same thing when I first started ordering from Teajo-why not more of a presence on Steepster? I have had several of their teas now and not a bad one in the bunch-their teas do taste fresh and natural. Offering well-priced samples was a good move on their part which may increase new customers for them. I’ve noticed that the companies that have a strong presence on Steepster usually not only have good teas, but also know how to get the spotlight on their offerings through samples, sales, free shipping offers, etc. With all the online tea companies out there, it can be overwhelming for someone new with tea.

Comments

Bonnie

TheTeaFairy

mmmmm i’ll have to put this on my wish list to try out!

Indigobloom

wow now I have another shop on my list!! this sounds heavenly

Cissystix

TheTeaFairy

Cissystix, you will probably enjoy it then :-)

Donna A

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

The Laurentians, Canada