Thank you so much Stacy for letting me try this jewel of the mountains!

On this beautiful Easter Sunday morning, I needed the perfect tea. Time to open this coveted oolong sample.

Over the past year, I have developed a profound love for Oolongs. It has emancipated my palate by offering me an infinite range of variety and possibilities.

One thing I love the most, is the anticipation it creates each time I try a new one. Oolongs are so different from one another, on so many levels. (I realize this is fact for most teas, but I find it to be particularly true for Oolongs.)

It goes from the % of oxidization, the roasting process with the aged ones, the way it is rolled, the way the leaf unfurls, the climate it is grown in, all the way to the insect that will ignite the sweetest defence mechanism. No surprise that Oolong is on my list of this world’s greatest wonders!

Gungu brew will allow me to experience all its subtleties.

The look: beautiful unbroken leaves that unfurled rapidly. The infusion is bright yellow, almost phosphorescent, it is worth pouring in clear glass to appreciate all its nuances.

The taste is so sweet and delicate. The fragrance brings the image of a rare and fragile flower, a unique gem timidly revealing its splendour. One sip and I’m transported in altitude, at the top of the highest unattainable mountain peak. If I could take a bite out of a mellow fluffy cloud, I’d imagine it would taste just like this tea.

It is slightly vegetal, fresh notes of flowers and citrus. It is exquisitely balanced by a sweet buttery mouthfeel that lingers for a long time.

Not long enough though, cause I feel sadness when it’s all over after 6 steeps…

The fact that Mr. Right unapologetically salivated all over it (sorry for the mental image, it happens on very rare occasions) helped in my decision to immediately place an order with Butiki!

Happy Easter everyone!

Yay! That’s awesome news :) sounds like you and mister right had a fantastic time with this tea

TheTeaFairy

Well, he’s not into tea the way I am ( then again, who is?? Oh yeah, you Sil!!!! ), but once in a while comes a tea that he just freaks about and if it turns out I equaly like it, then from the hungry look in his eyes, I get scared and very protective of my supply depending of how little I have in custody at the moment. Having only a sample of this one, IT WAS A SCARY SITUATION THIS MORNING! But I always en up sharing anyways :-)

Ysaurella

this tea sounds really appealing !

haha my other half is the same way. everything tastes like “tea”

TheTeaFairy

So nice to see your beautiful face Bonnie :-)

Charles Thomas Draper

And a Happy Easter to you as well…

Comments

Ysaurella

this tea sounds really appealing !

haha my other half is the same way. everything tastes like “tea”

TheTeaFairy

So nice to see your beautiful face Bonnie :-)

Charles Thomas Draper

And a Happy Easter to you as well…

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

The Laurentians, Canada