We had no electricity last night. It was cold, rainy and windy, hard to believe it’s the end of may…

Sleepy Mr Right was kind enough to start the BBQ burner at midnight for my pure enjoyment. Had to find a way to boil water for tea!

He gave me the speech about how that was his way of showing me love and it should buy him some points.

«What points?» I ask.

« Well, points to go out with the guys for example.»

« Honey, when did you ever need points for that?»

«Well… true» he admits. (I’m more of a freedom kind of gal.)

«I could keep them in the bank then, you never know, you might change as you’re getting older » he says.

«Well, as you’re getting older just costed you 500 points. Deducted from the 100 points I was about to give you, you now owe me 400 my darling.» See, I can play if I want to.

He gave me his best smile and said he always admired my negotiating skills. Love the guy.

Time for a no-fuss tea, one that will accept any temperature variation, greens don’t stand a chance under those conditions.

When Stacy from Butiki asked me not long ago how I would describe my tea preferences, I took a few minutes to reflect on that and came up with this:

I’m married to straight Blacks. I have torrid love affairs with Oolongs. My BFF are Greens. I have distant White acquaintances that I visit once in a while. I socialize more and more with Pu’erhs. I party with Flavoured.

Now, the mood called for the marrying type, so black tea I chose!

Poeple, this is the epitome of good straight black tea. You can brew it western style with confidence, it won’t let you down. It’s as sweet as can be, fruity, honey, bakery like, it has it all. Those leafhoppers sure know how to work their miracles. Don’t want to be judgemental, but if you choose to add sugar in this, something is wrong with you, have your blood sugar level checked out, haha!

It’s full bodied, and the mouthfeel is creme caramel like, that’s the best way I can describe how it feels in my mouth as it cools down to lukewarm.

Butiki’s brewing parameters are also perfect for it. I may have let it steep for a little longer than 4min this time, but no harm done.

I have this old kettle, it took many beatings over the years, it now looks like it was made out of hammered metal! We used to bring it on camping trips, it was put many times directly on the flames of fire camps, I can still smell the smoke on it! That’s the one we used last night. We hadn’t seen this old friend of ours in a long time, and that started some conversations.

We ended up staying outside, freezing to death in the gazebo, looking at old pictures from our early years together. Now, I could lie and tell you we snuggled by the candlelight and that would be so romantic right? But my man insisted on using the mega-power flashlight he just bought from home depot instead. That made him happy. For those of you who don’t already know, I live close to the woods. It did provide acres of light to our backyard’s wildlife. Boys will be boys.

And good tea will add to our book of memories once again. Thank you Butiki.

Doug F

Great review!

Rie

Very cute review!! And that’s a funny way to describe tea preferences, but it works well to convey them!

TheTeaFairy

Thanks guys, It was such a fun night, I had to write about it here!

JustJames

this is an awesome review! i slept in a funky position and my neck is killing me, but you really made me laugh, thank you!

Hahaha! careful james!

canadianadia

Love this tealog – made me feel like I was right there sipping along with you under the glow of the mega-power flashlight.

Ysaurella

congrats on the note, very funny and refreshing

TheTeaFairy

canadianadia: You are invited if you bring good tea…and sunglasses for your protection!

Fjellrev

This sounds like a wonderful tea, and I love your point system there!

Ysaurella: thank you!

Incendiare: the tea is fabulous! The point system, well it was his idea and I think he forgot about my mathematician skills when it comes to keeping scores, haha!

Fjellrev

Haha it’s like Whose Line is it Anyway, where everything’s made up and the points don’t matter.

Terri HarpLady

Cute review, love the negotiating skills too!

TheTeaFairy

@Incendiare: don’t you miss that show?
@Terri:Thank you Ms Harplady!

Comments

Doug F

Great review!

Rie

TheTeaFairy

Thanks guys, It was such a fun night, I had to write about it here!

JustJames

Hahaha! careful james!

canadianadia

Ysaurella

congrats on the note, very funny and refreshing

Fjellrev

This sounds like a wonderful tea, and I love your point system there!

Ysaurella: thank you!

Terri HarpLady

Cute review, love the negotiating skills too!

TheTeaFairy

@Incendiare: don’t you miss that show?
@Terri:Thank you Ms Harplady!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada