drank Lychee Oolong by Butiki Teas

Wow, this is pretty incredible! I know that my description demonstrates a lack of finesse and creativity in my choice of words, but this is what comes to mind: The taste of lychee is so…lychee!

People either LOVE or HATE lychee. Very seldom you will hear someone say «what, lychee? meh…it’s ok…» It’s usually more something like «Oh, I so adooore lychees!!!!», or «Bleh, lychees are gross little slimy-juicy-perfumy eyeballs». I realize I do possess a strong sense of exaggeration but you get what I’m trying to illustrate, right??

My aunt’s boyfriend was Cambodian. i remember the first time I met with him, I was about 11years old. There was a big crate of lychees on the outdoor picnic table. I remember looking at him peeling those strange little alien fruits. It was such an exotic novelty for me, I was just in awe! He explained that they had been picked only a few days before and he had them specially delivered to Canada. At the time they were really hard to find in regular grocery stores so he had managed to get his own private supply cause that the one thing he couldn’t live without since he had left his country!

He showed me how to eat them, and I fell in love with this gorgeous gift from Miss Nature.

This tea is clean and pure lychee. First, the oolong in itself is deliciously light and floral. And after one sip, lychee goodness invades your mouth in a joyful triumph, cause yes, lychee is the star here, it’s undeniable. I’ve had only a couple of lychee flavoured teas before, black teas so unmemorable that I can’t even tell what the brand was. They usually render a soapy flavour, way too «eau de parfum».

Butiki’s rendition doesn’t do that. Works perfectly with oolong it seems. It’s a burst of juiciness, and as it cools, it becomes even more tasty, and it lingers long after the last sip. Dang, wish I had bought more…I’m glad this is good at least for a few re-steeps!

Tuscanteal

This is so true. I don’t like the way the lychee peel smells, but I do like the taste of it once it’s been peels or it’s used in a dessert etc. You have the best descriptions!

TheTeaFairy

Glad you can relate, Tuscanteal :-)

Ysaurella

that’s so true, this is quite a fresh lychee juice, I loved it

Comments

Tuscanteal

TheTeaFairy

Glad you can relate, Tuscanteal :-)

Ysaurella

that’s so true, this is quite a fresh lychee juice, I loved it

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

near montreal