drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

This week, I got the most thoughtful and delightful package form Steepster’s sweet hearth Sil . She carefully chose and selected tons of teas for me try and I so thank her for that ;-)

This one was a special request. I really like French flavoured teas and the only ones I ever got to try were from the lovely Ysaurella last spring.

Now that I get to play with this legend of a tea, I say this: ALL IN!!! Why not? Yep, I put the whole sample in my giant 16oz mug and hoped for the best. And the best it was…What a nice fruity cup this is!

It tastes like creamy strawberries, with strong black tea as a base. I steeped 5 minutes and don’t regret it. I love that it is a tad bitter and assertive.

I know I’ve said it before, the French retailers know how to balance the flavours so that the beverage remains what it is suppose to be: TEA! Not pop or soda, just TEA with a kick, ladies and gentlemen.

Thank you so much for this opportunity, sweet (but evil for the cupboard) SIL :-)

Terri HarpLady

Gotta love Sil’s boxes!!

Ysaurella

I should send you some additional one Mamzelle La Fée :)

I meant oneS

TheTeaFairy

Terri, yes that was quite a box really :-)

@Ysaurellea: Oh, but you sent me plenty fist time around missy Y. !!! Let me get this stash down a little and we shall make a new transaction, I have full of new exciting straight teas for you to experiment with :-)

Yay!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Gotta love Sil’s boxes!!

Ysaurella

I should send you some additional one Mamzelle La Fée :)

I meant oneS

TheTeaFairy

Terri, yes that was quite a box really :-)

Yay!

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada