This is from last spring swap with lovely Ysaurella.

You would think it has lost its freshness by now, but nope, this is still very potent. I had enough to make a large pot tonight. It’s like having Turkish Delights in a beverage! It is very reminiscent of that wonderful friandise, but its not overly sweet as one would think.

It has a nice fruity/floral mouthfeel, almost like a soft perfume. I don’t know a lot of teas with dates in them. Don’t really know what green dates taste like, i’m assuming they are dates that have not been dried? Like fresh figs maybe… I definitely like what is does to this cup.

Perfect little dessert tea, the way I like them, sweet but not sickening!

Thank you so much Ysaurella for this wonderful tea :-)

Fjellrev

Oh yum. Turkish Delight + dates is a good idea.

TheTeaFairy

That’s what it tasted like, really delicious! But all gone now :-(

Comments

Fjellrev

Oh yum. Turkish Delight + dates is a good idea.

TheTeaFairy

That’s what it tasted like, really delicious! But all gone now :-(

Time to update this profile of mine…it’s 2015!!

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect :-/

My relationship with tea in a nutshell:

I’m married to straight Black. I have torrid love affairs with Oolong and Puerh. I party with Green and White occasionally. Flavored are not my BFF, I usually stay away from them.

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others.

About me:

I am a free spirit, I let people be who they are and expect the same in return.

Books! I love classic literature, but also modern and pretty much anything that captures my attention.

Music is also something I can’t live without… From Bach to Nirvana, my ears know no boundaries…

Animal and nature lover, amateur photographer.

I’ve been drinking tea for as long as I can remember.

Not a big «swapper», but will occasionally. Not because I don’t want to share but because I’m trying not to hoard so much.

Also, I have narrowed down the teas I really like over the years, and I don’t feel the need to try and buy everything the way I used to. (Maybe I have become a tea snob? Sigh…)

My ratings: because I pretty much drink only teas that I judge exceptional, my ratings are usually high. Don’t be shocked to see lots of 90’s and a few 100’s. That’s because I’ve had my share of crapy teas and I’m done with that ;-)

You can find me on Instagram here, I post about my tea sessions mostly, but also about the beautiful nature that surrounds me, and my fury companions :-)

The Laurentians, Canada