Yesterday was a special day, I received my swap box from the wonderful Dexter3657 . In fact, we received each other’s box on same day! Last night, as i felt physically and emotionally drained, I needed comfort in a cup to bring to bed with me…Chai being an old friend, I thought it was the obvious choice out of the MANY teas I got in my swap box.

I say old friend cause about 4 years ago, I started getting more into loose leaf tea beside the traditional earl grey and jasmine tea I had been drinking all my life.

I discovered Davidstea and chai became a revelation to me, something exotic I had no clue even existed. I went on a chai spree and bought all the chais DT had to offer. That’s all I drank for 6 months!

Then I discovered Steepster, and realized there was other tea retailers in the world, started experimenting with straight tea, and finding my perfect black and oolong tea became my quest. I have pretty much succeeded at that, but haven’t had a decent cup of chai in the last 3 years!

When Dexter and I initiated our swap, I lurked at her chai stash and thought it would be a great opportunity to renew my vows with it!

She very generously sent many to choose from, I picked this one cause the note said it was her favourite out of that bunch. I was so excited to try something of better quality than what I had in the past.

I was very happy with my choice, cause I need to take things slow and this is not an overwhelming chai blend. It’s surprisingly smooth, yet that little kick is there. I could not find the list of ingredients on their website and i’m a little rusted, but I think I could detect mainly clove, cinnamon, cardamom, and I get a little tingle on the tongue so that’s probably ginger. This is an excellent chai to begin with, nothing scary about it.

But what i enjoyed the most, was the comfort it provided that I needed so badly!

I welcome you back into my life Chai, it’s been a long time :-)

Thank you so much Dexter3657 for this special blend, can’t wait to try the others you have sent!

keychange

I’m familiar with draining days. I’m glad this could lift your spirits a bit.

__Morgana__

Yay for comfort!

TheTeaFairy

Sorry you also have those days keychange, and yay for comfort indeed morgana!!

Fjellrev

Aww, I feel the same way about chai. I seemed to gravitate towards them when I first got into loose leaf too.

TheTeaFairy

Yeah Fjellrev, it was like wham bam thank you ma’am , a slap on the face, like wake up, there’s something other than earl grey in this vast tea world of ours!
(BTW, how long will it take for me to think about something other than the Swedish Chef every time I see your new name??? Or maybe I should ask Sil that question…)

Fjellrev

Haha perhaps you two will never escape the association. To make it extra agonizing, I should plant some børks here and there in tasting notes.

Hahaha! Yes please do!!!

Dexter

:)) Glad you liked it. Off to a good start with the box.
My love of tea actually started when “asshole” introduced me to Indian food – with Indian comes chai, and the love of chai made me wander into Davids, Teaopia etc – the rest as they say is history.

Suziqzer

I found chai long before loose leaf… Love it! Spicy, sweet and creamy… Yum! I always add sugar and when feeling indulgent.. make it a latte please!

TheTeaFairy

Yes, Suziqzer, I’ll admit that although I’m a “no milk, no sugar” tea drinking, I do soy milk and a little coconut sugar in chai :-)

Abby Noelle

This made me smile! I want to start doing tea boxes as soon as I get more in my collection!

TheTeaFairy

Abby, yes it’s a lot of fun, and you found the perfect crowd for it :-)

TheTeaFairy

Dexter, opening the box was already a good start :-)
(Can’t believe you wrote his name, hahaha!)

Comments

keychange

I’m familiar with draining days. I’m glad this could lift your spirits a bit.

__Morgana__

Yay for comfort!

TheTeaFairy

Sorry you also have those days keychange, and yay for comfort indeed morgana!!

Hahaha! Yes please do!!!

Dexter

:)) Glad you liked it. Off to a good start with the box.

Suziqzer

Abby Noelle

TheTeaFairy

Abby, yes it’s a lot of fun, and you found the perfect crowd for it :-)

TheTeaFairy

Dexter, opening the box was already a good start :-)
(Can’t believe you wrote his name, hahaha!)

I am French Canadian, so please forgive me if my English is not always perfect!

My relationship with tea in a nut shell:

Love Steepster, a place for tea lovers, where you learn and share with others…

About me:

Art is food for the soul…I consume lots of it.

Animal and nature lover, I will never let a fury friend in needs.

I love taking tea pics, here’s my Instagram:

The Laurentians, Canada